IS Celebrity service better than all the rest??

Vernipper

I think that the term 'service', is very relative. If you look on the HAL or Princess boards you will probably find that most people on those boards feel that their favorite line has the best service. Same for food.

We have been on Princess. Celebrity, HAL, RCI, Carnival, NCL, and Crystal. In the last two years it has been on Princess, HAL, and Celebrity. We find the service to be very good on all three and I do not know if we could distinguish any one as being superior to the others. I think service and food varies not only by cruise line, but also by ship and crew within that cruiseline.

I agree with your overall perspective. It's a very competive industry and the three you cite are particulary comparable.

We found the overall service on our recent Summit and first X cruise to be the best of any of the ships or lines we've been on. Also the most accessible senior staff. But then, I've just seen some threads in which someone on the summit cruise before us was unhappy with their service. I realize this can vary to some degree on the same ship. But, this will, by itself, not be enough to get us to just cruise on X. As with all the lines, we've found good and not so good with all. One item was the Summit food, which in our opinion, was just RCI food.

• As I stated in my posting, it is in MY opinion based on MY cruising experiences that FOR ME the service on Celebrity has been superior to that of other lines I've experienced. Maybe the service on HAL or NCL are superior to Celebrity. I wouldn't know, I've never sailed on either. My last non-Celebrity cruise was in 2005 on RCCL and Princess in 1999. My signature indicates other lines I've sailed on. Some had superior entertainment, again in MY opinion, but for the two factors most important to me which are food and service, Celebrity has surpassed all our other experiences. I'm sure other people have had different experiences and feel differently. I'm just sharing my experience. Isn't that what these boards are for?

Only having Carnival to compare first hand, I'd say =X= wins

hands down. As far as Wolfeboro, NH - I've never heard of it.

Until I see it, I'm reserving judgement - my current most amazing

(non-private) residence would be the Peterhof in St.Petersburg, Russia - but there is always a possibility of improvement. Villa Leopolda,

in the south of France would be my choice for best private residence.

I just got off the Summit and I felt that the service was excellent.

It would seem to me that the goal of every cruise line would be to give its guests excellent service.

I would expect that the directive to ALL crew members on every cruise line would be the same?

Why then, is Celebrity service so much better than all the other mass market lines, or is it just a belief or perception Celebrity offers “better service”??????????????

Maybe, if your told enough times that the service the best, you tend to believe its true.

I am not sure it is better than ALL of the rest since I have not tried all of the other cruise lines, but I can definitely tell you that it is better than all the ones I tried.

Archived