New Years Eve ????

Hello -

We just booked three cabins for a group of 9 of us to sail on the FOS. For three of us, it will be our 2nd time on this incredible ship.

For those who have sailed on NYE before..... what kind of celebration (if any) can we expect. We have three kids ages 5, 8 and 14 with us..... they are VERY excited. We are hoping the kids clubs do something special... the adults are JUST as excited..... so again the adults are looking to see what is done.

Thanks for any information.

Eva

A couple of years ago we sailed on Navigator of the Seas - DH is a SaxMan so you know he is always booked (except this gig was cancelled). This was the best entertainment cruise. Nav has a main street with non-stop great bands & duos. Gorgeous holiday decorations, giant tree. There was a party in one of the lounges (sorry, don't remember the name of it) - nice big lounge with big dancefloor with good band. They gave out free champagne, etc. -- it was great (and appropriate for any ages). You'll have a fine time.

Linda

Hello -

We just booked three cabins for a group of 9 of us to sail on the FOS. For three of us, it will be our 2nd time on this incredible ship.

For those who have sailed on NYE before..... what kind of celebration (if any) can we expect. We have three kids ages 5, 8 and 14 with us..... they are VERY excited. We are hoping the kids clubs do something special... the adults are JUST as excited..... so again the adults are looking to see what is done.

Thanks for any information.

Eva

We were on the Rhapsody in New Zealand last New Year's Eve. We really had a good time. When we went to dinner in the MDR there were New Year's Eve hats and noisemakers on the table. About 11:00 or so everyone started congregating around the Centrum. They even had a clock making the countdown. Lots of music and dancing. Close to midnight they passed out champagne. Crew members were also drinking the champagne and having fun with us. After everyone celebrated the New Year the party continued around the pool. It was a lot of fun.

Hey Eva...My wife and I took our 2 kids(19 and 15) on FOTS this past New Year's. The NYE celebration starts early and goes to the very very wee hours of New Years Day. They have a special dinner menu in the MDR. The crew passed out NYE favors at dinner(hats and noisemakers).I think that my 15 yr old son had about 2 orders of the surf and turf. At around 11 pm everybody started gathering in the Royal Promenade which which filled up very quickly...Read claustrophobia in here, but it was very fun. Then the entertainment staff put on an unforgettable show on the sky bridge over the RP. The complimentary champagne started flowing @ around 11:45. At midnight there was the traditional countdown and an awesome balloon drop and confetti shower. After all this happened, there were literally parties all over the ship...an eighties party in the disco, a Latin themed party on the pool deck. There was a karaoke party which was a gas! All this stuff lasted until at least 3am. I was wiped out the next day....didn't go ashore in Cozumel. You have to pace yourself and maybe consider a nap in the afternoon on NYE so you can take in everything that is offered. My only "complaint" (and I knew about it going into the whole cruise) was the cost of the trip...everything was almost triple in cost....airfare, the cruise itself etc. But it was well worth every penny! I have Pics if you would like to see them....

Jim

Archived