Anyone just of Majesty?

Hi

I was on the Majesty January 31, 2005 4 night cruise. Firstly I had booked a Superior Oceanview with a frig request and was upgraded to a Junior Suite approx. 1 week before. Now of course I can't do without a balcony. I was traveling with my 2 year old son which is why I needed the frig. We ate at the windjammer for all meals. When you are traveling alone with a 2 year old you do not really want to dress up and we make quite a bit of mess. The food at the windjammer was great. There was always something that my son would eat and for me the food was great, fast and plentiful. The staff at the cafe were very helpful entertaining my son while I was at the buffet, not complaining that we made a mess at almost every meal and my son enjoyed picking apart the flowers on the table. At dinner time they set up the cafe with low lighting, table clothes and utensils on the table. I also liked that I could take a dessert or whatever back to my room for later. The hours for the dinner was approx. 6:00-10:00. We left the tips with the room stewart to forward to the wait staff. The ship was big enough for us. Deck 7 Walking deck was my son,s favorite place to run.

Hope this helps

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for in regards to evening dining in the Windjammer. My dh says maybe we will do one night in the dining room, but frankly, I am not really interested in doing even that. And, before anyone starts criticizing, just know that I have cruised 6 times within the last 15 months, so I have experienced the dining room :). For this cruise, I just want it to be laid back, and it will be nice to pack lighter.

Marie

I did not request it. I just got a call from my travel agent the week before the cruise, that she got a notice that I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (complimentary). I had a booked room but I had requested a Frig. I still do not know why I got an upgrade. All I know is that Royal Caribbean is really smart because now that I have had a balcony I can not go back. They are now going to make a lot more money off of me.:rolleyes:

It never hurts to ask for an upgrade either. We just got off the Feb 28 Majesty cruise and loved it. We stayed one night ahead at the Wyndham on Miami Beach (it was GREAT) which I booked for $79 through priceline. When we arrived at 9 pm (late on a Sunday evening) I shmoozed the desk clerk a little about how beautiful the hotel is, how I'd love to come back for our next full vacation, and it would be GREAT to try out an oceanview room. At first she thought all was 100% booked, but when looking for a city view instead she found an oceanview on floor 7 and it was EXQUISITE! Really nice room, not overly large but decorated very differently than anything I've ever seen. Can you imagine Flamingo Pink bathroom with large black and white tiled flooring?! But all I had to do was ask for the upgrade, they can only say "sorry" if it's not possible!

Kim, we sailed Enchantment last year and Majesty last week. My comparison is that they are very much alike in their decor and upkeep...it's all good. We did have some overflowing in our shower two evenings in a row on Deck 3 Forward area, and it sounded like it was kind of common. You could smell dampness for a couple evenings on Deck three when you exited the elevators. But other than that I think it was a great ship. A couple surprises to us...no refrig in cabin (like the Enchantment) unless you had a suite, SMALL storage in the inside cabin we had (less than enchantment I think), no Solarium that I was looking forward to, service was even BETTER than Enchantment and that crew was really good. Don't miss 70s night first night onboard, the karoake almost every evening, the dance party/midnight buffet at the pool mid week....oh there's alot to mention. I promise to get a full review out this week so watch for it here...soon!

Email me if you have specific questions. Sorry, I didn't keep the Compasses because I had three kids along with me, I just didn't stay organized enough. But I can remember alot of details since it's just a few days back!!! :)

I love the solarium's!!! We have also sailed the Enchantment. It was our very first RCI cruise in Nov 2003. Oh, I am SO disappointed the Majesty does not have a solarium, but we don't really have any sea days anyway, unless we miss Coco Cay, which I am so hoping we don't.

Marie

Yes we DID in fact miss Coco Cay and I was so looking forward to it! It would have been the good chance for our kids to snorkle in the ocean first time. We had sort of a rough windy sea day and don't ya' know, of course I was no a small hangover too! (lol) It was a nice day at sea though really...since the Majesty reallly only cruises at night it was a good chance for the kids to see the open sea, how far you are away and how small WE are really amongst all that blue water. It was a sunny beautiful day, so finding a not so windy sunny spot was a challenge, but turned out very very nice. Very relaxing that day.

somechic: Glad to hear of someone else joining us. We just discovered that a fellow cruiser on our 11/20/05 Grandeur cruise will also be joining us. Looks like we'll just have to set up our own little Meet & Mingle!;)

Kim, we sailed Enchantment last year and Majesty last week. Don't miss 70s night first night onboard, the karoake almost every evening, the dance party/midnight buffet at the pool mid week....oh there's alot to mention. I promise to get a full review out this week so watch for it here...soon!

Email me if you have specific questions. Sorry, I didn't keep the Compasses because I had three kids along with me, I just didn't stay organized enough. But I can remember alot of details since it's just a few days back!!! :)

So a 70's night? Sounds like fun- do they do this on every cruise on Majesty- if so, we sail in 11 days...I'll have to pull out my disco wear :) ha ha

Any more info on themes for the nights would be great!

Yes we DID in fact miss Coco Cay and I was so looking forward to it! It would have been the good chance for our kids to snorkle in the ocean first time. We had sort of a rough windy sea day and don't ya' know, of course I was no a small hangover too! (lol) It was a nice day at sea though really...since the Majesty reallly only cruises at night it was a good chance for the kids to see the open sea, how far you are away and how small WE are really amongst all that blue water. It was a sunny beautiful day, so finding a not so windy sunny spot was a challenge, but turned out very very nice. Very relaxing that day.

Sounds wonderful! I wouldn't mind missing Coco Cay myself, or would prefer Coco Cay over Key West (we've been there a dozen times). I want a relaxing sea day, too!

I should comment that this sailing was VERY casual. Almost no clothes rules! We saw guys in the Windjammer without shirts, bathing suits only, flip flops in dining room, and kids in shorts at dinner too. Sure didn't offend me but I was WAY overpacked with more formal dinner wear. Next time I would take a couple pairs of slacks/kackies and nice blouses maybe, then one formal night outfit. We rarely saw anyone dressed "to the nines", which I think is unusual but this was our first four nighter.

The "Dancing Under the Stars" party was FABULOUS too for the nightlife. It was supposed to start at 11:45 before the midnight buffet but I think we were ready to dance and got the party started when the music got fun! We danced until about 2 am and oh my head hurt the next day when we had a sea day! That was our best part night and second was 70s night.

Don't miss Karaoke lounge too...that really was fun...always something new and always something terribly funny. Amazing what talent can show up though!

It's funny, the Magesty must be the mother-daughter bonding cruise. I took my mom on the 3-night 2 years ago, and we are booked for the last weekend in April for another three nighter. We had a great time except the weather did not cooperate and we never made it to Coco Cay. Mom was disappointed because she has never snorkled and was looking forward to trying. I think I am going to book us for the stingray snorkel as a surprise in Nassau.

We had a great time, as a matter of fact, after taking my mother, my husband and I went a few months later. Great ship and alot of fun in a few days!

What's funny to me is that I've run into THREE old neighbors or friends who are doing the same ship we just did...from this area! Now isn't that a good coincidence? Of all the ships and options, they are going within a month of ours. Maybe it's the value pricing and Ohioans wanting to get out of this winter/spring/winter/spring phase we're going through right now!!! :)

Great thread! I haven't found too many on the Majesty. I am travelling with my husband and 15 yo daughter on the March 25 sailing. We are booke don the jet ski excursion in Coco Cay. The snorkeling sounds worth looking into as well. We remember Labadee from a cruise several years ago as one of our favorite stops, fun, relaxing and everyone ready to party.

Has anyone else taken the jet ski excursion?

What about Nassau? I would love to go to Atlantis and use the water slides. Is there any way to do that? I am willing to pay a fee but am not sure if it is even an option. Any other thought on Nassau from those of you that have been there before?

Hi, guys!

We got back at midnight last night so I'm not too coherent yet...

I'd compare this cruise to "popcorn chicken." Not much to sink your teeth into, but very tasty, especially with a little sauce!

We did make it to Coco Cay, which was a surprise because it was very cool (lower 70's) and threatened to rain all day. Didn't spoil the fun though and the bbq was excellent. Saw lots of people snorkeling, kayaking and jet skiiing and when I spoke to those that did, they said they were glad they booked ahead because it kinda forced them to go and otherwise they would have missed out on a good experience.

More Spring-breakers that I expected, many like me parents with their college-age kids. Don't know how others got around the age rules, because it didn't look to me like there were too many over 25-ers around for each cabin. I thought everyone was pretty much well-behaved but my son points out that I was asleep by midnight-1am most nights so I may have missed lots.

I promise a full review later. (I have a little post-cruise vertigo today so writing is making me a little dizzy.) :confused:

Buckeyes Rock

What about Nassau? I would love to go to Atlantis and use the water slides. Is there any way to do that? I am willing to pay a fee but am not sure if it is even an option. Any other thought on Nassau from those of you that have been there before?

We are going on the 4 night Majesty and will be in Nassau from 8am until Midnight. Book a room at the Comfort Suites across the street from the Atlantis, you'll have complete access to everything at the Atlantis. Here's a link for 20% off your nightly stay. No problem just checking in and getting bracelets and going right over to the Atlantis:

http://www.smartertravel.com/hotel/mb.php?id=1417&ctid=i1417c3p494

We sailed on the Majesty for 3 nights in Feb also (Feb.11-14). If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Hi Lauren,

I'm thinking of taking the Majesty for New Year's Eve (3 nigths) just to escape the cold. We have cruised a lot and I know the Majesty is an old ship but I read good things about it. I was wondering if there is anything for teenagers (14 &12) to do.

Thanks.:confused:

Archived