Charleston in January

cruisecrazyk

I am considering a cruise from Charleston in January but I am really concerned on how cold it will be. Has anyone cruised out of there in January and how was it? I know it will be warmer once we hit FL but really don't want to be unable to be on the deck. The latest I ever cruised out of that port was early December years ago. :)

I am considering a cruise from Charleston in January but I am really concerned on how cold it will be. Has anyone cruised out of there in January and how was it? I know it will be warmer once we hit FL but really don't want to be unable to be on the deck. The latest I ever cruised out of that port was early December years ago. :)

The coldest the Atlantic ocean gets in Charleston in the dead of winter is right at 60 degrees so even if the air temps are 35, it will feel much much warmer.

You'll be in the Gulf Stream within 12 hours so the air temps will rise quickly.

It will be warmer cruising out of Charleston than cruising out of Baltimore or NYC.

There is no telling precisely what the weather will be like but the average temperatrure highs for the month of January are highs in the 50's (usually high 50's). As you say you will hit warmer areas during the cruise.

Keith

Archived