Millenium Concierge Balcony!..worth it????

Gvizier

We are booked on the same cruise and have the same room type as you. We had a "suite" last November on CCL and it was worth the extra just for the VIP check in and with all the extra items that come in our room on the Millie it should be worth it. Getting to skip those long check in lines is worth it to us. See you in 86 days!!!

We almost always book the CC rooms on the M class ships like the Millennium as they are slightly larger and many are in nice locations. Most of the amenities are nice and we enjoy them but it is hard to determine if the amenities alone support the value.

Such terms as "worth it" are subjective. We know cruisers who would never consider anything less than the expensive large/premium suites and other cruisers who think it is foolish to pay more than the cost of the least expensive inside room. My advice: If the price difference isn't a major budget issue to you and if it won't effect what you can spend on other areas of the cruise then go ahead and book the nicer room. But if booking the CC room means that you'll have to spend less on excursions, drinks and other cruise activities then take the lesser room and use the money to enjoy these other things on your cruise.

We always book a balcony state room on the M & S class Celebrity ships . On the M class the state rooms are approx 20 sq ft larger than a typical balcony . The extras that are included in my opinion are not worth the higher price & the tiping is higher as wellfor concierge vs a reg balcony .

Now if Celebrity drops its price on a Concierge cabin that becomes more attractive for the extra goodies & slightly more cabin room . We are waiting for a price drop on their April 18,2010 Panama Canal Cruise from San Juan Puerto Rico .This past April rthey had quite a price drop for Concierge.

We always book CC balcony staterooms on the M class ships. More room, additional ammenities, quicker check in, and priority bookings are a plus that we feel are worth the extra few $$. Plus, we both like to do stretching exercises in the AM and that extra 20 sq ft sure makes a difference. Leaving tomorrow morning for our next CC stateroom on the August 22nd Baltic cruise on the newly refurbished Constellation. I'm excited!!

Having sailed many times in all types of cabins, I now know what I like on a cruise. The larger cabin is nice, but not necessary for my enjoyment. The veranda is a great asset to me. I like the regular veranda cabins. Oceanview is also acceptable. The added extras for the Conciege class are not things that would enhance my cruise. However, if the price is right, I'll book it. When you check prices, often the pricing for certain categories which are higher cost less. Why? Don't know. Could be a short time promotion to increase bookings. I've sailed in conciege for less than regular veranda or oceanview. I am presently booked on a cruise in a regular veranda for less than an inside. I did book a guaranty 2C and got a 2A. Same size cabin ...so I don't really consider it an upgrade. The price was right. I have found if they start offering guaranty cabins, the prices are close to bottom. Also, watch the sales...celebrity is on sale today on several fall cruises. Labor Day sales are coming up. Celebrity loves to have holiday sales.

Archived