Sorrento Tender Dock

GailnBrad

How far is it from the cruise tender dock to get to Piazza Tasso? Then how far or how do you get to Marina Oiccola to get to the ferry for Positano?

Thank you

OK, you had me confused for a bit. Tender and dock are not the same. Tender means that you anchor in the bay and take the ships lifeboats ashore. Your tender will dock at a pier in (generally refered to as) Marina Piccola (which I think is the area that you wanted.) This is where the ferry boats leave for Positano, Capri, and Naples.

So it is very easy. Take your tender ashore and you are within a few hundered feet of where you want to be. Just ask the locals for what you are looking for.

What ship and date will you be there? We will be the Oct 3rd and 4th.

As we have the same question for our OCEAN PRINCESS call in Sorrento on Ocotober 7, 2010, I contacted the local Tourist Board.

Here is the answer:

All the cruise tenders land at Sorrento Port Marina Piccola

So I am glad to find out that we can just move from pier to the other to catch the boat to Amalfi.

Regards

HeinBloed

The tender will take you from the cruise ship to the tender port. At the tender port there is a large incline up to the main area of the town. Your best bet is to take the bus from the tender pier up to the main area of the town.

Keith

Archived