GUARANTEE room category ? for SUN 4-9-05

YaMamma

In January 2004 I booked a BE GYT category (oceanview w/balcony) for the Sun in April, 2005. This was through a well known online "agency". After looking at the deck plans/placement of room categories, I assume this means I am theoretically in 1 of 4 rooms on the Viking Deck of the Sun (rooms 8076, 8078, 8278, 8276) which is what I WANT. A week after booking through online agency, we received confirmation paperwork which lists us in a BE GYT category (no room assigned).

I have not yet Registered at the NCL website with my reservation number provided by the online agency. My question is, when I *DO* register at NCL, is this when I get a room assigned? My cruise isn't until April. I actually WANT one of the four rooms listed in the BE GYT category. What is the best way for me to actually get one of those rooms and NOT get an "upgrade"? Is it better to wait to register on NCL? Should I do it now?

My first cruise......thanks for your assistance!

We were booked BE GTY for our cruise 3/5/05. I knew since there are so few BE cabins, we would most likely be upgraded. I was hoping for the Penthouse (you can always hope), but got the upgrade to BD category. This is fine with us. All cabins BE and higher are sold out for our cruise. The only thing guaranteed with a BE GTY is that you will get a category BE or higher. If there are any BE, BD, BC, BB or BA category cabins you wouldn't want, you may want to attempt to book a specific cabin. The OP was probably correct though that you will pay more for a specific cabin.

nlrjkr: when was it that you were informed of your upgrade/room assignment: when you registered at ncl.com? when you received your document package in the mail from NCL? Was there action on YOUR part that initiated the room assignment? Thanks!

To All: I don't get it.....there are 4 BE category rooms on the Sun, on the Viking Deck. Do they actually BOOK more than 4 reservations in the BE GYT catagory and that's why it's a crapshoot for me?

We couldn't Pick/reserve a BE catagory room because the BE rooms (4 of them) are listed as GYT. So I paid for the BE GYT category and am now hoping that I actually get a BE room........

Hello YaMamma,

I dont mean to hijack your thread, but we will be on this same cruise and I need to know how I can add one of those cool countdown clocks to my sig line.

(sorry newb question)

I have started a roll call for our ship today-please sign up!

If you have been assigned a cabin, it will show up when you pre-register online, otherwise just keep checking back periodically to see if it shows up. I have read of people who don't find out their cabin until the arrive at the pier. As has been stated, the only way to get a specific cabin is to book it which could cost more.

Hi All: Update for you.....I just went to preregister at NCL.com and they have us assigned to room 8068. So so much for paying for and wanting a BE category room. Would be interested in hearing comments on this room if anyone knows....thanks!

Sorry to hear you didnt get the cabin you wanted. It looks like the one you were assigned will be nice too. Come to think of it my Brother-in-law tried to book cat. BE too. He couldnt even book that cat. gty. It seems silly to me to have a catagory that contains only 4 cabins. Aaaaanyway I'm sure we'll all have a great cruise regardless of cabin!

YaMamma - sorry I didn't see your ? sooner. Bigal is right, I just pre-registered once I'd booked and gotten the cruise lines res# and went back and checked periodically. We were put in cabin 8271, right down the hall from where you'll be. I can let you know how it was - we leave next week.

Hi all: I am happy with what I was assigned. Paying for a BE room and getting a BC room is fine by me! :)

I did notice that my assigned room is a "connecting" room and I have read that because of that I may have a smaller sofa or no chair in the room? Not a problem for me, and I think I would actually like having more space to manuever around the cabin.

Archived