Upsell Help for Holland America

RobinLWms

Hello everyone, I hope this hasn't been asked already. I am trying to get an upsell from Holland America for my cruise on September 28th (SY to SC-SA). Does anyone know if here is a number for a reassignment desk or Inventory Department? When I called customer service, I hung up confused. I was told there were no such numbers, I was quoted $1000 more than what is listed on HAL's website, told that the prices on the website are sort of an approximation then told that all upsells are through customer service, and that I could be upsold at the price on the website, which didn't even include the price for my one little Mariner star. Thanks in advance for the help.:o

Hi,

Directly through HAL.

Did you get an email or phone call from a HAL PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) AFTER you booked your cruise online??

If you did, that is who you need to contact. If you did not, then call HAL Customer Service and tell them you want a Holland America Persona Cruise Consultant. They will assign you one and then you can deal directly with that person.

HAL PCC's are great!! I love mine, but cannot mention anything else about her as that is a big NO NO on CC.

Joanie

In my experience, if you want to upgrade then you'll have to pay the going rate. If you want to hold out for a possible lower priced upgrade, if it comes along, then you have to wait and see if it comes through / gets offered.

These upsell offers are handled through the World Cruise Department at HAL. Although they generally only have records / info on pending offers (which are system generated), if anyone at HAL could possibly give you any insight into such an opportunity it would be that department.

Possibly OP is confusing upsells with paying to change to a higher category. Upsells are offers by HAL to move to a higher category cabin for a price. They are done in the last few weeks/days before sailing, are very time limited (decision has to be made promptly), and are offered to a small number of people. The people are probably selected by a computer probably based on one or more of: current category, amount paid, if booking is a guarantee (may make upsell more likely), Mariner status.

Changing your booking to a higher category cabin is different. You will pay the going rate for the cabin, can't do "new bookings only" rates, and might have to cancel and rebook which isn't doable after final payment.

Did you get an email or phone call from a HAL PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) AFTER you booked your cruise online??

If you did, that is who you need to contact. If you did not, then call HAL Customer Service and tell them you want a Holland America Persona Cruise Consultant. They will assign you one and then you can deal directly with that person.

HAL PCC's are great!! I love mine, but cannot mention anything else about her as that is a big NO NO on CC.

Joanie

Joanie, have you ever received a Perk from a HAL PCC?

Joanie, have you ever received a Perk from a HAL PCC?

Yes. We have received an upgrade from a VF to VH twice and one time went from a VF to an SA via $199.00 per person. That was definitely the SUITE deal:)

We've also received Pinnacle Grill dinners, a beautiful book, flowers, chocolates and 2 bottles of HAL's Champagne (cheap stuff, but does not matter since we do not drink)

Joanie

Yes. We have received an upgrade from a VF to VH twice and one time went from a VF to an SA via $199.00 per person. That was definitely the SUITE deal:)

We've also received Pinnacle Grill dinners, a beautiful book, flowers, chocolates and 2 bottles of HAL's Champagne (cheap stuff, but does not matter since we do not drink)

Joanie

What ship (and cruise length was the VF to SA for $199.00)?

I didn't know the PCC's gave gifts. We did get some very nice gifts from our cabin steward one time though.

Hello everyone, I hope this hasn't been asked already. I am trying to get an upsell from Holland America for my cruise on September 28th (SY to SC-SA). Does anyone know if here is a number for a reassignment desk or Inventory Department? When I called customer service, I hung up confused. I was told there were no such numbers, I was quoted $1000 more than what is listed on HAL's website, told that the prices on the website are sort of an approximation then told that all upsells are through customer service, and that I could be upsold at the price on the website, which didn't even include the price for my one little Mariner star. Thanks in advance for the help.:o

When I went to make our final payment the last time we cruised (19 day Vancouver - Hawaii - San Diego) I indicated to our TA that we were open to an upsell. By the time I got home there was a call from our TA that HAL was offering us an upsell from VF on the dolphin deck to VA on deck 7 for a very reasonable price - we jumped at it. It was a very nice cabin, one flight up to the Lido, two up to the Crowsnest - perfect!

If your interested in a up-sell or upgrade let Holland America know so they can flag your account. It has worked for us on a couple of occasions.

IMO having a Personal Cruise Consultant is the way to go.

------------

Thank You. I just got off the phone with the PCC. Unfortunately, since we sail next month, it is too late for one of them to take on my booking, so I have to just wait and hope to be one of the lucky ones to get an upsell email/phone call, or that the prices go way down. I will use one for my next sailing though!! Thanks again everyone for all the responses. Who knew there was this wonderful cruise world.:o

What ship (and cruise length was the VF to SA for $199.00)?

I didn't know the PCC's gave gifts. We did get some very nice gifts from our cabin steward one time though.

Jade,

On our first cruise we received a bouquet of flowers in our non guaranteed HC VF Stateroom on the Oosterdam from our PCC, May 2008 aboard Oosterdam. 7 day R/T Seattle-Alaska

Our 2nd cruise May 2009 aboard Westerdam, another 7 day R/T Seattle-Alaska, we received an upgrade first from VF guarantee to VA (1 month before cruise.) About 10 days before sailing we received the up sell offer to an SA and jumped on it. I think this cruise is the one we received the 2 bottles of Champagne, but am not sure, it was this one or the Caribbean...

Last cruise, Caribbean B2B February 2010 aboard Westerdam we received an upgrade from VF to VA, Dinner for 2 in the Pinnacle Grill, a beautiful Bouquet of flowers, and the MOST delicious Chocolates!!

The book, "The ART of Cruising," we received after our last cruise. I happened to mention, while chatting on the phone with our PCC that I loved the Art work mostly, but that some made no sense to me. Next thing I know I get a FedEx delivery:D

Joanie

Archived