Carnival Cruise with 12 Month Old

Blissful12

Hi All!

We've cruised a few times before as young, single and happening people ;)

Our son is turning one so we decided to take him on a cruise to celebrate...

He is still drinking formula and he also drinks soy milk. He eats three meals of solids a day.

I'm planning on bringing plenty of formula for him and also his breakfast cereal but I was just going to wing it for the rest of the food. I read that Carnival has soy milk so that saves us a lot of packing.

Thought i'd check in here to ease my mind a bit about not bringing jarred food. He doesn't eat jarred food anyway (i've always made his food) but I have no problem packing it if it seems necessary.

Of course, i'd rather not have to pack a ton of jarred food. Are there plenty of options for a 12 month old to eat? He eats pasta, fruits, cooked veggies, breads, tofu, beans, potatoes, cheerios, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

If a table food needs to be pureed, they can do that. If it's "mashable" with a fork, you can do that at the table.

Yes...there are TONS of food for little ones....(don't know about the tofu, tho!), but everything else on your list is there aplenty!

At that age one of my girls loved whatever soup was being served at lunch or dinner - especially any that the broth could be drained and she could eat the mushy meat & veggies. My other daughter ate her weight in salmon and mashed potatoes or pasta at dinner each night. The cruise line (Princess) had provided a couple of cases of baby food and we didn't end up using even one jar.

Best,

Mia

I'm traveling on carnival in two days(yeah!) but I was wondering if they had cheerios?? The carnival website doesn't list it in their cereal list but gish I thought everybody had cheerios.

Your soooo lucky your baby eats table food, my baby will be 14 mos. and won't touch the stuff. I'm taking jarred food by the dozens and puffs and cheerios. He drinks whole milk so thats good. For the formula you can bring a gallon of spring water. I did on the last cruise, he was 8mos.

I'm traveling on carnival in two days(yeah!) but I was wondering if they had cheerios?? The carnival website doesn't list it in their cereal list but gish I thought everybody had cheerios.

Your soooo lucky your baby eats table food, my baby will be 14 mos. and won't touch the stuff. I'm taking jarred food by the dozens and puffs and cheerios. He drinks whole milk so thats good. For the formula you can bring a gallon of spring water. I did on the last cruise, he was 8mos.

I haven't been on a cruise yet that didn't have Cheerios. EM

Carnival has tons of cheerios on the breakfast buffet. Just grab a few each day and stash them in the diaper bag for snacks later. They also have mashed potato, rice, bananas, yogurt, toast, pancakes, scrambled egg. There will be plenty for your 12 month old to eat. Mine did fine at 12 months on Carnival Miracle last year. There will always be something he or she can eat. Keep a colapsible cooler in your room (lunch tote) and have the room steward fill it with ice for the duartion of the cruise. Just stash the milk there. Also bring sippy cups/bottles a bottle brush and trial size dishsoap for washing them in the cabin.

Archived