clubs for 9 yr, 12 yr and 15yr olds on RC

illi

Hi I will be cruising on the Liberty (RC). Can anyone tell me how are the clubs split? I guess they will not all be in the same category. What are the ages? What activities do RC teen and kids clubs offer? I really wouldn't like them to split!!! :(

I think it's 9-11, 12-14 and 15-17....not sure about those older ones, tho. The 9 year old will certainly be in a different group.

Don't worry about then being "split"...there will be so many other kids, they'll have a blast!

We were on Liberty 7/25, I have a 12, 10 and 7 year old. The groups were 6-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-17. I think there were some activities that the 12-17 were all together like evening at the flowrider and pool party. They were mostly split, we were told because there were over 600 kids just in the 12-17 age group that sailing. They did have dance parties, again split by 12-14 would be first, then the 15-17 would follow. The kids were "carded" according to my son, so the younger kids couldn't get in with the older kids and vice versa. One of the AO counselors told my husband on sailings with less teens, there are more combined activities.

Hi I will be cruising on the Liberty (RC). Can anyone tell me how are the clubs split? I guess they will not all be in the same category. What are the ages? What activities do RC teen and kids clubs offer? I really wouldn't like them to split!!! :(

jbrezen's experience is typical. The 12-14 and 15-17 groups do some things together, but are typically separated particularly when there are large groups of both age groups.

The teen clubs (12-17YO) are separated from Adventure Ocean (for the 11 and under set).

My DD is now nearly 15YO, but I can tell you when she was 12 or 13YO I certainly would not have wanted her at parties with 16 and 17YOs! Also at 14YO on our last cruise, she and her other 12-14YO friends avoided the teen club on Solstice because the counselor let several 11YOs to age up to the teen club -- this caused ALL of the 12-14YOs to forego all of the teen activities for there age group because "it was overrun by little kids" (in their words :D)!

Archived