Port or Starboard - Pacific Jewel - 27 Aug

Debsta

Hi guys

Which way does the ship "park" at these ports - pointy bit in or butt end in..........Sydney/Noumea/Lifou/Vila/Wala. As in, to 'look' at things from the ship whilst in port is it better to be port or starboard on the whole?

I've noticed cabins opened up and we are currently starboard so I think we will be 'parked' and looking out into the big blue ocean???

I know I'm being pedantic :p

Hope you can help :D

Deb

I wouldn't really worry about it Deb.

In Lifou and I presume Wala , you'll be at anchor so the ship will swing around , and at Noumea and Vila you will probably be ashore most of the day.

Besides , even if we did know if the pointy bit was parked in first , the Captain may decide that on that day he wants it the other way around:eek:

or the port authourity wants him to park at another wharf.

Either side is good. We are usually portside but as said before, when at anchor the ships swings around.

One memorable cruise was when we arrived back at Sydney, slept in, opened the curtains to see the Opera House. Nice to see but sad...time to disembark.

Hi guys

Which way does the ship "park" at these ports - pointy bit in or butt end in..........Sydney/Noumea/Lifou/Vila/Wala. As in, to 'look' at things from the ship whilst in port is it better to be port or starboard on the whole?

I've noticed cabins opened up and we are currently starboard so I think we will be 'parked' and looking out into the big blue ocean???

I know I'm being pedantic :p

Hope you can help :D

Deb

Hi Deb,Sydney is at the dock port side, when we went to noumea we were in port side to the dock, Lifou we were in Port side facing the island but we were anchored so it depends on the wind, Vila was starboard side to the dock, and Wala is a tight fit between the 2 islands and we were in sideways so nothing was to be seen either side, its anchored there too so it swings in the wind.

Hope that helps

Archived