New to NCL - What are typical at sea day activities?

JanetAlice

We will be taking our first NCL cruise this March. I am not sure of the official name of the daily activity guide (Princess Patters on Princess) but I was hoping someone might have a picture of one so I can get an idea of what a typical day looks like on a NCL ship.

Thanks

The NCL daily newsletter is the "Freestyle Daily".

Here is a link so some from a western caribbean trip last year...should give you some idea, although each Cruise Director has their own take on the activities that they put together.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bakerintn/NCLPearlFreestyleDailies#

to see a readable version on that site, click on the thumbnail and when it opens larger, you will see a magnifying glass icon in the upper right...click on that to get it to be readable. Page 3 is the list of activities during the day.

BINGO !!!

I don't mind it, it is just that it is very often and those "dingg donngg" before every announcement on the paging system can be annoying.

Jokes aside, there is plenty to do every day on the ship and you will find something that suites your taste for sure.

Do you hear the pages in your room or is it just on the dedicated tv channel? If they are heard in the room can you turn it off?

General announcements are not heard in the rooms, just in the public areas (including the hallway outside your cabin). A few times when I heard the "ding dong" I cracked the door open to hear what was being announced. Only important announcements, emergency or safety related, are heard in your cabin.

be sure to READ your FREESTYLE DAILY and "highlite" the activites you want to do:D

HAVE FUN doing them all or nothing at all:)

A highlighter is one of the things I make sure we bring with us. You're right that it's a good idea to highlight the activities I'm interested in. That doesn't mean I'll actually do them, but at least I remember the choice.

Hubby and I always enjoy reading the next day's Freestyle Daily and discussing what we might or might not do. We rarely go to the same activities though. Our interests are too different for that. He goes to Team Trivia, I find a comfortable nook and read or I sit in a lounge with a drink (not always alcoholic) and chat with fellow passengers. Or I sit up in the Observation Lounge and work on a hobby, enjoying the panoramic view.

Archived