Oasis upgrade -Need advice from past Oasis cruisers

kk99

Hi all,

I got a call from RCCL last night asking if I wanted to upgrade from my owner's suite to a Crown Loft suite, which was really nice of them by the way. The room square footage is about the same, the balcony on the CL is half the size, but it does have 2 bathrooms.The rooms available are 1704, 1756, or 1722.

For those of you who have stayed in these rooms or in an owners suite, what are your thoughts? I need to let them know by tonight.

Thanks in advance for your opinions,

Kelcie

Thanks everyone for the well wishes- but I still need help. I've read lots of reviews about the CL feeling narrow, and the balcony is small, but the views are amazing. The Owner's suite has a great layout, near the concierge lounge but more foot traffic in the halllways. For anyone who has stayed in either, opinions please, the clock is ticking:D Yes, I am very lucky, first time ever been offered the upgrade.

Kelcie

The Crown Loft suite balconies are 114 square feet. The sky lofts (there are 2 of them) are much larger cabins and balconies. The current cabin that I have is the owner's suite and the balcony on that room is 243 square feet, and the inside cabin space of both the crown loft and owner's suite are roughly equivalent. Yes, it's a free upgrade if I want it, and the cruise is in 3 weeks. Still looking for opinions from past Oasis cruisers please,

Kelcie

I haven't cruised on Oasis yet...so I haven't been in a Crown Loft...but let me try as best I can:

Crown Loft: Two deck high stateroom with panoramic views. Master bedroom and bath on second level. Bedroom has two twin beds (can be converted to Queen). Bath has a shower for two. Bath with shower on main level. Private balcony with chairs, dining area with dry bar, table/desk. Living room sofa converts to double bed. (545 sq. ft., balcony 114 sq. ft.)

Owner's Suite: Two twin beds (can convert to Queen). Private bathroom with tub, shower and two sinks, marble entry, large closets, living area with table and sofa. Private balcony with table and chairs. (556 sq. ft., balcony 243 sq. ft.)

Okay, I don't see the attraction...You get two bathrooms--definitely worth something--and a really outstanding two-story picture window...

But you get less square footage and a smaller balcony...and some of your square footage will be eaten up by a stairway...and you'll be walking up and down the stairs all the time...

And, you're pretty much at the extreme of the ship--all the way aft on Deck 17, correct?

I would rather be more convenient midship somewhere...

I guess the attraction is new, but different...

Similar to them getting the higher prices for the "Central Park View" cabins--Folks, they are INSIDE cabins...I'd rather have an ocean view!

You know something? I would pass and keep my Owners' Suite...

JMHO...

I haven't stayed in either, but have toured them. If I were in your lucky shoes, think I'd be inclined to keep the OS.

The loft suites aren't all the way aft, maybe 2/3 of the way back. I wouldn't take 1722 because it overlooks the pool. From the diagram, the balconies on the other two cabins look small. The OS are very nice, and if you have a hump OS, then the balcony will be amazing.

If there are only two of you, then I don't think the 2 bathrooms is a big deal. For 4, I'd reconsider.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted for all of your help. Yes, we have a hump owner's suite, and it is just two people in it. From reading all of the comments, I think I will stick with it. It was still very nice to get the call anyway. Have a great weekend everyone,

Kelcie

Archived