Are OBC between rooms transferable?

xcell

The price of my cruise went down twice and since I paid in full RCi decided to give it back to me as OBC. I paid for both rooms, and MTD, so other than a few drinks and cupcakes, I don't see myself using the OBC much. My wife said she will use the OBC for shopping at the coach store...

Any ways, question is - can I merge the OBC for both rooms into one? especially since I paid for both rooms?

The price of my cruise went down twice and since I paid in full RCi decided to give it back to me as OBC. I paid for both rooms, and MTD, so other than a few drinks and cupcakes, I don't see myself using the OBC much. My wife said she will use the OBC for shopping at the coach store...

Any ways, question is - can I merge the OBC for both rooms into one? especially since I paid for both rooms?

The unused OBC will be credited back to the credit card on file since it is completely refundable. So, if you are the responsible party and are using the same credit card for both rooms, then I would say yes......any unused OBC from both rooms will be credited back to one card but as two separate entries/transactions.

I do not believe you can merge them............but I could be wrong. Only Guest Relations on board can answer you.

I have personal experience with this, but I will add that Guest Services on each ship may handle it differently. Here's my experience:

My parents paid for everyone in our group to cruise on Freedom; however, I coordinated everything for our group. When I found our group multiple discounts, Royal added them as OBCs for each stateroom. That worked out fine in general, but I had a credit of several hundred dollars attached to my room. Now, my parents wouldn't have known about this credit except that I'm honest. :). Once onboard, I went to Guest Services and explained that I requested and received a price drop but it was added as an ObC to my rooms and not my parents room even though they paid my fare. GS had no problem transferring the appropriate amount of OBC to my parent's room. It wasn't a big deal and they took care of it quickly. :)

If the 2 rooms are linked to one credit card, then all charges and credits posted to the "other" room are automatically transferred to the room with the credit card listed, this happens all the time when we cruise with the kids in their own cabin, on ships with interactive tv, the "other" room will show the charge and then a credit to zero out the account, the amount then appears on the room with the credit card

Thanks...

QTMichele - mine is a bit different, you were being nice by giving your OBC to your parents, whereas, I want to take my parent's OBC and give it to my wife to buy something (LOL).

Good to know if I don't use my OBC that it will come back to me. OBC are better for the cruiselines, we, the customers think it as free money (especially since I have paid in full), so we just spend it. Whereas, as me to buy a overpriced coach bag, I would actually think twice.

Archived