Theme night Rhapsody Of The Seas

livingstone

Hi!

I am no expert on the ROS theme nights - they were all on a little later than my 3 year old had the stamina for (let alone his mum!!).

However, I have dug out the Cruise Compass collection to refresh my memory - on our 10 night cruise they had 3 'theme nights' -

Day 3 they had the 70's Disco Party from 10pm,

Day 4 they had a 'Dancing Under the Stars Pool Party (Kind of Island night - we were on a QLD cruise so no Vila hula skirt shopping to speak of!) and a delicious buffet because obviously by 10pm everyone was starving again:rolleyes:!!

Day 7 was a Country Theme with a poolside Barbecue.

During the day of the Disco & Country nights they also had dance classes with that theme.

I didn't notice that people got too dressed up into the themes - moreso the crew! Certainly not as much as say on P&O.

Each of the other nights had:

Day 2 - Headliner Showtime in the Show Lounge (Comedian & Impressionist) and the Captain's 'Reception' (Formal Night)

Day 3 - Production in Show Lounge was Piano Man

Day 4 - Headliner in Show Lounge was a Multi Instrumentalist & Dancing Under the Stars Pool Party (and buffet - yummo)

Day 5 - Love & Marriage Gameshow & The Liars Club Gameshow

Day 6 - 'Headliner Showtime' in the Show Lounge - was Los Pompos Gauchos

Day 7 - Country Theme - Pure Country Show in Show Lounge

Day 8 - 'Headliner Showtime' in the Show Lounge (Formal Night)

Day 9 - Production in Show Lounge & 'The Quest'

Day 10 - Farewell Showtime in Show Lounge

I didn't see all shows but the Piano Man was great (Billy Joel/Elton John theme).

There was also a chocolate buffet one night - cannot remember which....very tasty (again because you will have had a limited number of opportunities to eat so far!!)

Hope this helps!!

Dea

:)

Thanks for the information, I was getting a bit confused too. We are going on ROS this NYE and have been told there are no theme nights by some people then others say yes there are theme nights.. So, thank you again. :p Fiona

Happy to help :)

The theme nights are probably not as 'big' as on P&O for example - as they do start later (usually about 10pm). When we went on Pacific Dawn they started much earlier so alot more people got involved - and they even did a family version for those of us with small people which was alot of fun.

On ROS it seemed that the Show Lounge shows were more of a priority/focus so nothing started until they were finished - alot more structured around the 2 dinner sittings and the 2 show times.

For after dinner fun we liked the Schooner Bar - had a good atmosphere and good entertainment.

Then other 'band/duet/ entertainment would usually move from the Champagne Bar about 10pm and then they had a disco in the Viking Crown Lounge later at night too - my little people turned into pumpkins by then so no booty shaking here!!

We are going on Rhapsody again in November so will suss out if they have changed the lineup! It is a wonderful ship - and theme night or no you'll have a great time!

Dea

Thanks for all the great responses, I guess this cruise I will have to leave the case of Coke behind but I can still pack the island and country gear. it will be nice to try a cruise line other than the good old Aussie favorite P&O. It will be interesting to see the difference between the two ships belonging to P&O & RCI. We sail in December on the pre christmas cruise to NZ. 14 nights is a nice ammount of time to be away.

Livingstone, you are a couple cruises before us, so take good care of Rhapsody..lol.... We have previously cruised P&O and once with Princess and the P&O theme nights are great... Really looking forward to a different ship..We love Pacific Dawn but have been big and brave and trying new or should I say different ship. From everything I have heard it is a great ship, bit different to the party atmosphere thats on Dawn as we usually do the NYE cruise... Kids are just happy to have free Pizza lol... You have to post review when you get back... It is all so different with the American dollar on board etc... Do you know if the power points are Aus? just thought of that.. lol... Fiona:)

Livingstone, you are a couple cruises before us, so take good care of Rhapsody..lol.... We have previously cruised P&O and once with Princess and the P&O theme nights are great... Really looking forward to a different ship..We love Pacific Dawn but have been big and brave and trying new or should I say different ship. From everything I have heard it is a great ship, bit different to the party atmosphere thats on Dawn as we usually do the NYE cruise... Kids are just happy to have free Pizza lol... You have to post review when you get back... It is all so different with the American dollar on board etc... Do you know if the power points are Aus? just thought of that.. lol... Fiona:)

hi Fiona, we havent cruised on the Rhapsody for a couple of years but she's a nice ship and you should have a good time

everything onboard is in American dollars and you need a US adapter to charge your things

i was reading on the RCCL site that you cannot take on your own drinks or water as its to do with cost....if they enforce the rule here i dont know, here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259128

rkmw

hi Fiona, we havent cruised on the Rhapsody for a couple of years but she's a nice ship and you should have a good time

everything onboard is in American dollars and you need a US adapter to charge your things

i was reading on the RCCL site that you cannot take on your own drinks or water as its to do with cost....if they enforce the rule here i dont know, here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259128

rkmw

Thanks for that, I was sure we could take on soft drinks, water etc..... Hopefully someone that has been recently can clear that up....would you suggest changing money beforehand? Thanks again, any other little tips would be muchly appreciated.. Fiona:)

Thanks for that, I was sure we could take on soft drinks, water etc..... Hopefully someone that has been recently can clear that up....would you suggest changing money beforehand? Thanks again, any other little tips would be muchly appreciated.. Fiona:)

Fiona, if you can get some USD it might help you just in case you want to play the pokies as its in American dollars and if you have any over it can come off your bill

the thing about not being allowed to take your own water and soft drinks because they want you to buy theirs....to them its a business....the only way to get it onboard is to smuggle your water and drinks and take a chance

rkmw

this is something I do know about the ship, you have to take a aussie US adaptor, avalable at any big retail store for around 9 dollars.

Sounds like the rum runners will be very handy... For soft drink of cause :p

We usually take on our own....... "soft drink" :D Fiona

Another good little hint I was told was to take on your own coffee. Apparantly they only provide tea bags in room, no coffee.. (didnt realise till then we had a kettle) which will be different from P&O and Princess...

• 2 months later...

Thank you everyone for the clarification. We're going to be on the ROS NYE cruise.

We've been on a couple of P&O cruises and were aware of the theme nights but were sure whether ROS did the same thing.

Also the tip about the plug adaptor is great. I'll be off to buy one tomorrow.

70's night was in the Centrum area and then moved up to the Disco, entertainment director and some crew dressed and acted out as Village People - good fun. Last December we had Los Gauchos and Bjorn Again as part of the entertainment. 2 headliner shows each night (same) in theatre to fit in with dining times. We didn't drink a lot of soft drinks as in the buffet there were free juices at breakfast and American style lemonade, tropical drink and sometimes cold tea - free self service with other meals. Tea, coffee and iced water also available. But did enjoy Bellini cocktail at Champagne Bar. ;) Very friendly ship.

Thank you everyone for the clarification. We're going to be on the ROS NYE cruise.

We've been on a couple of P&O cruises and were aware of the theme nights but were sure whether ROS did the same thing.

Also the tip about the plug adaptor is great. I'll be off to buy one tomorrow.

also buy the european round pin one for the 240 volt devices. the american plug is 110

i have only had the pleasure of doing the one night charity cruise on the ROS , but that was enough for me to know that i had to one day book a cruise on the magnificent ship, and the rest is history. Have a wonderful time and be sure to tell us all about it

cheers

aussiescouser:D:D:D:D

You are going to have just the best time on ROS. We love this ship, and would sail on her again at a moments notice. You can get coffee sachets outside the Windjammer, between the bar and the doors to get inside. Also a huge selection of tea bags. Also in the Windjammer they have small cartons of milk. I kept one in the ice bucket in the cabin. The shops are the best I have seen so far, with lots of daily bargains. Staff are fantastic, entertainment great, also the band up near the pool when we went was a Reggae one, and one I could listen to all day. Don't forget to look in the Cruise Compas for the daily drink specials, including 2 for 1. Lastly, the food is, I think, the best we have had.....yum. Try their omelettes in the Windjammer, cooked in front of you, and with whatever you desire for fillings.

Have a great time.

Jen

Archived