Anyone sent a free Princess e-card from the ship? Did it work?

trvlcrzy

While aboard the Emerald Princess, the Internet Cafe offered one day of being able to send an online postcard to friends/family via email.

I sent three (including a copy to myself on two of them), and when I returned home, I could not open them. The email offers a link to open the card, but once the link is clicked, the "processing" symbol of a rotating circle goes and goes like an Energizer Bunny.

My other recipients were also unable to open the card.

Has anyone had luck with these? Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks!

While aboard the Emerald Princess, the Internet Cafe offered one day of being able to send an online postcard to friends/family via email.

I sent three (including a copy to myself on two of them), and when I returned home, I could not open them. The email offers a link to open the card, but once the link is clicked, the "processing" symbol of a rotating circle goes and goes like an Energizer Bunny.

My other recipients were also unable to open the card.

Has anyone had luck with these? Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I have not sent one but I have seen that bunny in emails before as an emoticon attachment. Thats not the way its supposed to work. :(

We sent them from our cruise on the Emerald this July and our family got them. My mom sent us one from their cruise the following week, we got it and didn't have any trouble opening it. Maybe they were just having problems that week.

Thanks for the responses. Mom got one to open, but not the other... and when she forwarded it to Dad, it wouldn't open. I couldn't get the one to open at work either, but DH got one to open on our home computer.

Maybe it just depends on the how busy the server is.

Hi

we were also on the Coral Apr 21, and I sent several over the course of the cruise, and some people were able to get it no problem, while others mentioned that they could not open them. I assumed that it has to do with the recipients computers.

Thanks to the folks on CC who mentioned this on a thread, otherwise I would not have known about it, and it was a great way to stay in touch.

My children both received theirs, and were happy to hear from us.

Maybe someone who is computer savvy could answer better than I!!!!

Archived