Island Marketing-yeah or nay.....

The forever cruiser

We have used this company for our first Caribbean cruise and they were great. We used them in Belize for cave-tubing, and Cozumel we booked Nachi Cocum, and had booked a Buccaneer excursion in GC but due to the high winds we couldn't go so had to cancel it. Had no problem at all getting our refund back. Now we are doing this same cruise in March and have booked our excursions through Island Marketing so I am hoping that the quality of the excursion are the same as they were back in 08.

We used Island Marketing to book the "Outrage Eco Tour" with Captain John Michael in Grand Cayman. Great tour, and the booking worked fine. We also booked a tour in St. Maarten through Island Marketing and that was very good as well. Remember that Island Marketing is a booking agent, not a tour operator (as John Michael explained to us, if he had to do his own booking he wouldn't have time to give tours). I believe the deposit that you pay when you book is Island Marketing's fee; the balance that you pay the day of the tour goes to the tour operator.

We also booked Nachi Cocum with Island Marketing. We didn't have any trouble and are using them again in November.

Linda

I am looking into going to Nach Cocom in October. What did you think? It is worth the trip? I am looking just to relax. I would appreciate your help!

We used Island Marketing last year for the Sting Ray and Snorkeling excursion on the Buccaneer with Captain Bryan. FANTASTIC! Our ship was late getting to GC due to bad weather. This was not an issue for them. We were the only ship in port this day, but our ship was very late. We were due am and got in past 12 noon. Many other private excurions cancelled completely...But Captain Bryan was there waiting for us.

When we got to Sting ray city it was very crowded, at least 6 other boats in the area...which is about normal. However, the water was really choppy so for the safety of the snorkelers and swimmers, Captain Bryan decided to reverse our itinerary. We did both of our snorkeling sites first before doing the stingrays. When we came back to Sting Ray City, there was only one other boat there. Captain Bryan and his first mate got in the water with us and taught us about the sting rays and how to handle them. I got to hold one, feed them, and got a sting ray massage.

On the way back they talked to us about the Caymen Islands and their history. They were very informative and cared about our safety.

We loved it. I highly recommend them.:D

I am looking into going to Nach Cocom in October. What did you think? It is worth the trip? I am looking just to relax. I would appreciate your help!

I think this is in Cozumel and you have posted on the Grand Cayman port forum. You may want to re-post your question on the other forum.

I'll be in port on Dec 2, 2010 . . . and I see that there are to be 6 ships at Grand Cayman that day. Looks like way too many to me, but I wonder what others have experienced on such a day????

I would love to walk to the Eden Rock diving center and snorkel from the "ladder". Will this area be too crowded to enjoy? Is it better to book a snorkel boat excursion?

Thanks in advance for any experience/advice you can offer.

If you are looking for a nice relaxing day at the beach at Cozumel,this is it. Beautiful scenery,good food and drinks,friendly people. I recommend it.

We used Island Marketing last year for the Sting Ray and Snorkeling excursion on the Buccaneer with Captain Bryan. FANTASTIC! Our ship was late getting to GC due to bad weather. This was not an issue for them. We were the only ship in port this day, but our ship was very late. We were due am and got in past 12 noon. Many other private excurions cancelled completely...But Captain Bryan was there waiting for us.

When we got to Sting ray city it was very crowded, at least 6 other boats in the area...which is about normal. However, the water was really choppy so for the safety of the snorkelers and swimmers, Captain Bryan decided to reverse our itinerary. We did both of our snorkeling sites first before doing the stingrays. When we came back to Sting Ray City, there was only one other boat there. Captain Bryan and his first mate got in the water with us and taught us about the sting rays and how to handle them. I got to hold one, feed them, and got a sting ray massage.

On the way back they talked to us about the Caymen Islands and their history. They were very informative and cared about our safety.

We loved it. I highly recommend them.:D

I used Captain Bryan in 2006, he was fantastic. I'm trying to book with him now, for end of Sept, but they aren't replying to my emails. I'm debating whether to go with another compnay.

We have used Island Marketing all over the caribbean! EXCELLENT TOURS!

In Cayman we have used them for the Buccaneer, the Outrage Eco Tour and the Wave Runner Tour to Stingray City and Rum Point. Superb:-) We also booked a Yacht with them once but our ship missed port so never did that tour but we did get our money back...as they give your deposit back if you miss port

In Cozumel, we have booked Nachi Cocom with them and the Jeep Island tour with Snorkeling:-)

In Costa Maya we did a great beach break and private catamaran trip too. Its a small catamaran but really fun:-)

In Jamaica, Dunn's River falls and tubing

Roatan we did the zipline

In Belize we went on the Xstream Cave tubing & zipline , WOW and also Lamanai Mayan ruins, INCREDIBLE

Nassau- Hilton day pass

We've used them in the Eastern Caribbean as well, in St Thomas, St Maarten

I think if you search for the port + cruise excursions you should find them

I used Captain Bryan in 2006, he was fantastic. I'm trying to book with him now, for end of Sept, but they aren't replying to my emails. I'm debating whether to go with another compnay.

afairbro....i did not get any email replies from captain bryan either, but he has the best tour operations, so i booked him through island marketing

It was a Jeep tour with some beach time at Rum Point. We were in two Jeeps, and had brought our walkie talkies. The guide was Italian but supposedly had been on island for years, yet he had nothing to offer along the way of information on the island and didn't know a single answer to any of the questions we had. The island itself isn't much to see, IMO, and would rather have spent the whole day at Rum Point.

I have used Island Marketing 2x -- once in Jamaica for ziplining for which we did have an issue (the tour guide "kids" (early 20s?) offered to sell the group some whacky tobaccy!:eek::eek::eek:). I reported it when I was back stateside and they were incredulous but helpful. We then used them in St. Maarten for the ATV trip which was my DD's favorite excursion ever. (Mine remains the Rays Reef & Rum tour in Grand Cayman.)

Island Marketing is a huge conglomerate and they are only as good as their tour operators, and their tour operators are all locally sourced... some will be good and others possibly "lame" as previously pointed out.

Morgsmom I am thinking about doing the ATV tour in St Maarten & just wanted to know how your experience was, our guide,transportation to & from ship/hotel. I basically want to know if there were any issues with them since I can't find many reviews on their website or tripadvisor. Thanks

Archived