Anyone take a taxi to port?

want to cruise

DW and I always take a taxi from the airport to hotel or port. Its stress free and the convenience is a virtue for us cruise pax. Unless of course you would rather wait for your transfer, a crowded mini van or bus, and luggage inconveniences? Not this cruiser. (LOL)

John

You didn't say what airport or cruise port you were using, but if you're flying into Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood airport and are cruising out of Port Everglades, you are in for a treat. The cruise ships are about 2 miles from the airport (you can see them from the airport, you even fly over them when you land, depending on the wind patterns). A cab costs about $15 including tip, and takes less than 10 minutes. It's very easy and stress-free. Last year mom and I just picked up our bags, walked outside the terminal to the taxi queue, and stepped right into a cab. The cab dropped us right off in front of the boarding area for our ship, where the cruise line's baggage handler took the bags out of the cab and prepared them for loading. The next time we saw the bags was safely in our cabin.

The return is just as easy...we disembarked, grabbed our bags, and then walked out to the taxi queue, waited less than five minutes for a cab, and were whisked to the airport. I would fly through FLL/Pt. Everglades any time, based on my posititive experience.

Anyone gone through Tampa airport? I hear it's about 20 minutes and a $20 (plus tip) flat-rate cab ride. Is this data still correct?

Archived