Connect time in Barcelona between pier & airport

ktongfam

I have booked a flight flying out of the Barcelona international airport to Paris at 10:25 am after my Mediterranean cruise. With the cruise ship docking in at 6 am on a Saturday (10/30/10), do I have enough time to catch the flight? I understand that the airport is only 30 minute driving time away. Any feedback will be appreciated.

There have been a lot of threads on this topic lately. You will get some people telling you that you'll be fine and others saying it could be a problem. I fall into the latter category because of delays that can impact disembarkation.

Regardless, contact your cruise line to see what the earliest they recommend for a flight. If it was me I would try to get something a bit later, but again other will give you another view.

Keith

Thanks, I did see all the other similar threads AFTER I posted the question.

Scaling back on my no-fear manhood (STRONGLY advised by wife), I changed my flight from 10:25 to 12:55. With my luck, we'll be killing time at the gate, seeing the 10:25 flight off and wondering why I didn't have the guts to stay with the 10:25 plan.

I would have done exactly what you did.

My view on all of this is why spend half the cruise worrying whether or not I have a problem and then the night before we leave be so worried that I barely sleep and then have to wake up so early and rush off the ship.

Yes, there is a chance when you arrive to the airport you will see that you could have made the flight but there is also the chance that this doesn't happen and that you would have missed the flight. Even if the odds of missing such an early flight are 10%, because of all the reasons I mentioned why put yourself through that and if you are in that 10% grouping that happens that day then you'll be saying to yourself why didn't I go with the later flight.

Keith

Not at all about manhood, now you can enjoy your last day on the boat with a leisure breakfast versus a mad scramble to be first off the boat. If the boat was to dock late, no amount of manhood or no fear would get you to the airport or off the boat faster :D

Enjoy that cruise!

Thanks, I did see all the other similar threads AFTER I posted the question.

Scaling back on my no-fear manhood (STRONGLY advised by wife), I changed my flight from 10:25 to 12:55. With my luck, we'll be killing time at the gate, seeing the 10:25 flight off and wondering why I didn't have the guts to stay with the 10:25 plan.

Archived