Seasick Medicine

Cruzin 1025

I did a search and couldn't find this, so apologize if it's a repeat question.

On other cruiselines I've been able to pick up seasick medicine from the pursers desk if I felt not so good mid cruise. Does NCL also offer this or is the only option to purchase pre-cruise?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have seen it available at the purser's desk/ info desk in the atrium especially on active sea days. It is usually in white individually wrappped packages in a basket on the desk. If not, just ask. There was no charge. Some of the simpler things also can be ginger ale or bring your own meds.

Thanks all! I normally carry sea bands and ginger pills with me(both of which I learned about on these boards) but found that when I bought Dramine in advance I ended up with it sitting in my closet and it expired before my next cruise. Just so much easier (and cheaper) to pick up at the pursers desk but wasn't sure if it was available for free on NCL like on other lines.

You may have saved me a trip to the pharmacy this week! :D

Don't forget ginger gum! It works WONDERS for immediate symptom relief. The other stuff can take a long time to start working...

Where do you buy ginger gum? I have never heard of this before. Is it regular chewing gum?

Tks!

I get the gum at Rite Aid, I believe it is thier own brand. Costs about $5 and comes in a blister pack...tastes spicy. Works WONDERS. We swear by this stuff. My daughter gets sick in the car easily and this takes away symptoms within 30 seconds...I rarely get motion sickness but did get sick on our last cruise to Bermuda, very rough seas. The gum saved my butt.

I get sea sick. Buy nonprescription generic motion sickness pills from CVS or RiteBrand(their own brands). Also got a doctor's prescription for the "patch", you wear it behind your ear and it gives 36 hours protection. The patch should first be used before going to bed, as it tends to make you drowsy, and you have to reduce your alcohol consumption. The pills can be used anytime as you can get the non-drowsy formula. The medicine is the best protection for me in not getting sea sick.

Health food stores carry motion sickness 'pills' as well as ginger items for seasickness.

If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, they have some great ginger chews.

My Mom tends to get just a little nauseated on sea days and she takes one bottle of ginger ale with her, and it lasts the entire cruise. She just leaves it in the fridge and sips from it as needed.

But the ginger chews, dried ginger, ginger gum - they are all tasty and they work good!

Archived