Sailing Weather in October

Beach Mama3

Has anyone cruised in October before? Our last cruise was in the month of December and it was rocky to say the least. So many people were sick. We moved it up a couple of months this year to avoid that even though I know hurricane season runs utnil end of November. What are the seas typically like in October? All of our ports are docked with the exception of Half Moon Cay and I am worried that some may get cancelled if we have rocky seas.

jen :rolleyes:

the only times we have cruised was in October the Western Carb, out of Tampa nice weather Hot in Belize and in Cozumel in the 90's very nice it did rain 1 time while we were in Cozumel but that was the only time we had rain not bad for 14 days of cruising. You will have a older crowd we are in our early 40's and not many kids on the cruise. But you do have to remember the "H" word until the middle of November. But thats why the prices are better. I would cruise again at this time of year. Hope this helps:)

Mike

We often cruise in oct or nov, always love it. Usually cheaper as well. There is always a risk of bad weather, which no one on these boards can predict, and a possibility of missing a port. Just goes with the territory when cruising during 'cane season.

Check the weather a week before your cruise and you will have your answer. Whether or not the seas are rocky depends all on the weather at the time...NOT the month.

Unless it predicted by OUR weathermen. They can't predict tomorrow correctly....:eek:

My first cruise was in October, loved it. Smooth seas and was able to enjoy the Lido deck the first day. The Caribbean was great and water was warm.

My January cruise sucked (weather wise anyway). Too cold to go out on the Lido the first two days at sea (and I am hot natured). The seas in the Gulf were 15 feet average...very rough ride. Jamaicia waters were chilly. Grand Cayman and Cozumel waters were warm though. On the way back couldn't do the Lido on the last at sea day, too cold. Again, the Gulf was raging and we were kept off the decks by the Captain's orders. I will never cruise in January again.

Has anyone cruised in October before? Our last cruise was in the month of December and it was rocky to say the least. So many people were sick. We moved it up a couple of months this year to avoid that even though I know hurricane season runs utnil end of November. What are the seas typically like in October? All of our ports are docked with the exception of Half Moon Cay and I am worried that some may get cancelled if we have rocky seas.

We took our first cruise last year at the end of Sept, start of Oct. The Captain said on the last night that we had sailed on one of the calmest seas he had ever seen. Only one night did we feel the slightest of movement, this while having a cabin on the lowest deck and as far aft as possible. I just hope it is the same way this year! :)

Last year we went on the Liberty 10/24/09 - 10/31/09 and the seas were calm and the weather was awesome, great time to cruise!!! Enjoy!!!

Archived