L shaped balcony cabin?

BOOFER9

We're booked in and L shaped balcony cabin on the Splendor NEXT august. I hear these are very coveted cabins but I can't get over how SKINNY the balcony looks. I've had aft cabins and corner cabins on many other cruise lines but they were never this skinny...TRUE? Donna

We're booked in and L shaped balcony cabin on the Splendor NEXT august. I hear these are very coveted cabins but I can't get over how SKINNY the balcony looks. I've had aft cabins and corner cabins on many other cruise lines but they were never this skinny...TRUE? Donna

Hi Donna

Here is a pic of our balcony on the Fantasy last year. It was pretty darn skinny, AND was 1/3 less in length than the one we'll have on the Valor.

100_3910-1.jpg

I've seen pictures of the extended balconies on the Spirit class ships where those balconies are wider rather than longer. Those look sweet!

Hi Donna

Here is a pic of our balcony on the Fantasy last year. It was pretty darn skinny, AND was 1/3 less in length than the one we'll have on the Valor.

G]

I've seen pictures of the extended balconies on the Spirit class ships where those balconies are wider rather than longer. Those look sweet!

Thanks....it is what I suspected. I may have to reconsider. Donna

The extended balcony we had on the Liberty (L shaped cabin) was not skinnier than the other balconies. Just longer, which may make it look skinnier in the photos. Unless you are comparing it to an aft wrap - or true aft cabin. Then I am sure the balcony is skinnier.

And all the light in the cabin - another thing to love. 2 windows, plus the door to the balcony - you could close it all off with the draperies of course but I usually left at least one of the windows uncovered at night. Let in enough light to the cabin that we didn't need a nightlight.

We are assigned cabin #6459 on the Triumph; we can change to a regular balcony cabin if we want too. Has anyone stayed in one of these L SHAPED cabins? Any thoughts?

DH & I have one booked on the Destiny for 10/18. Booked it because of the longer balcony - then tonight I saw a video clip of our room #6363 on Youtube. Unfortunately, I was disapponted.:( This particular room has the bed on the same wall as the windows and the balcony door. So I called and left a msg for my PVP to see if we could change rooms but after reading everybody elses posts and sharing them with my DH, he says we'll go ahead and keep the room.:) Like he said, if we end up not liking it we'll know for the next time - Woo Hoo, there's going to be a next time:D

DH & I have one booked on the Destiny for 10/18. Booked it because of the longer balcony - then tonight I saw a video clip of our room #6363 on Youtube. Unfortunately, I was disapponted.:( This particular room has the bed on the same wall as the windows and the balcony door. So I called and left a msg for my PVP to see if we could change rooms but after reading everybody elses posts and sharing them with my DH, he says we'll go ahead and keep the room.:) Like he said, if we end up not liking it we'll know for the next time - Woo Hoo, there's going to be a next time:D

How admirably selfless of you. You gotta love his statement!

Have a great time!

Adding a pic of one of those Spirit class extended balconies....like the Mother of all extended balconies!

IMG_0022.JPG

Oh my God! What Spirit class ship was this and which room?? The reason for asking is we are booked on the Pride and have an L shaped room and was tempted to go for an Aft Wrap. If our balcony is as big as this one...Aft Wrap be damned! LoL

Oh my God! What Spirit class ship was this and which room?? The reason for asking is we are booked on the Pride and have an L shaped room and was tempted to go for an Aft Wrap. If our balcony is as big as this one...Aft Wrap be damned! LoL

Pride, 7258!

Can you post a link? I'd like to see that video, as we're in 6371. TIA

• 4 weeks later...

Glad folks posted pics on here. My g/f and I just booked cabin 6473 on the Freedom for our 9/10/11 cruise. Our friends booked 6481 right beside us.

We got one of the long balconies on the Legend last year and loved it. Just got off the Liberty and had an extended balcony. It was ok but I think we like the longer balcony better.

Can't wait for our Cruise on the Freedom.

Thanks again for all the pics and I'd love to see the video.

• 10 months later...

Just got off L shaped cabin cruise, I didn't like them. You needed the bigger balcony because one person had to stand on the balcony while the other changed. I don't know the square footage but if it is as big, it is unusable. The head of the bed being toward the side of the ship made me dizzy at night as the boat rocked from side to side. I would advice a smaller balcony (the normal ones are very adequate) and a standard room.

We have 6493 (large balcony--L-shaped room) on the Magic leaving 8/26. Any word on the layout of those rooms/balconies? We spend a lot of time on the balcony and are really looking forward to 9 days in the Mediterranean.

I pulled up a photo of 6477 on the Dream--(extended balcony, also L-shaped room.) The bed faced the ocean, and it had two large picture windows that you could see out of when lying in bed. The tv was on the wall between the windows. It looked awesome, but I could not see a sofa in the room.

Can't tell you about the Magic, I had an L shaped cabin on the Liberty. Two windows, balcony door to the side of the cabin opposite the cabin door. TV on the same wall as the closets. There was no couch. I felt like the cabin had enough room, and we had the beds made up separately which takes up more space.

I think cruising carnival you get used to more cabin space. On other lines you can get a cabin that is 165 square feet, instead of the 185 that is the smallest cabin (unless possibly 1A). Usable or unusable space, 165 square feet is small.

Hi:

I have always equated "aft Wraps" with "L" shaped balconys. Some in this thread seem to be describing "L" shaped cabins. Are we talking about two different aspects?

ralph

yES, these are two different types of balconies.

Looking at the deck plan- look at the aft wrap balcony - then look at the balcony next to it on the side---that is a "L" shaped cabin with a longer balcony compared to the rest of the ones on the side

We had 6432 on the Triumph. We LOVED this cabin!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Note the extra closet by the balcony door!

ry%3D400

You'll love this cabin!

Thanks for posting these pictures, this is the exact cabin my mom and I will be in on the Triumph in February! I'm wondering if they'll have the sofa in the cabin if there are twin beds?

• 1 month later...

We have on booked on Dream for November ... we have 8469 and 8465.....sounds like we are going to really like it. We have always had a balcony, but never this big of one. Would like to see pics of the rooms on Dream with L-shped if anyone has any.

I had 6363 back on 9/19 on the Destiny and I loved the room!! I saw that video..it would have been better if the room hadn't had the 'lived in look' before they filmed it!!

Here is a link to the photos: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1488543

We have on booked on Dream for November ... we have 8469 and 8465.....sounds like we are going to really like it. We have always had a balcony, but never this big of one. Would like to see pics of the rooms on Dream with L-shped if anyone has any.

Check out the Dream review in my signature. We had an L-shaped on the Dream and loved it!

Does anyone know if these L-shaped cabins can have their balcony connecting doors opened, to make one huge balcony? I had an L-shaped balcony on Glory, and would like to book 2 connecting ones on Breeze - but only if I can open the balcony separating dividers. All the deck plans I find (on different sites) say they don't open - but need first-hand experience. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Archived