disabled accessible cabin QV 1st sept

rog747

am booked on QV 1st sept v016

i have requested an accessible cabin when booking but none seem available and at present i am wait-listed for one,

Cunard have been very helpful so far with my requirements so a big thanks to them,

its not my first trip on cunard (qm2 oct 2008) but is my first time on qv.

i gather the bathrooms in regular Britannia grade cabins are smaller them qm2>? is that so please.

cheers.

As NorfolkBrit says, the bathrooms on QV are smaller than QM2, not really suitable for disabled, the showers are smaller. I have seen a disabled cabin on QV, and they are approx one and a half cabins with an extended bathroom/shower.

We had a HC cabin on the QV in January (my husband has MS and uses a scooter) --the bathroom layout was quite convenient. However, we did meet another couple who were not able to secure a HC cabin and we managing. They had the same sort of mobility issues (Parkinson's related) and I saw their scooter parked at the elevator site.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have about the HC vs. usual room. We have had both HC and regular balcony rooms on the QM2 but only HC on the QV.

If I can help, let me know.

e.

Archived