Early Saver - How long for a decision?

Ithocles

Yea, I just got one for my cruise Monday. I submitted it a couple times. The Past Guest rate had gone down and was showing a 6A -> 6D for a lot cheaper then I paid. I submitted it once off hours and didn't hear anything for awhile so I submitted it again during the day yesterday. I am right at the cut-off point since we cruise in a couple days. They approved it an hour or so after my second submission. Hey, it was a last minute $130 so I wasn't going to let it get away.

Yea, I just got one for my cruise Monday. I submitted it a couple times. The Past Guest rate had gone down and was showing a 6A -> 6D for a lot cheaper then I paid. I submitted it once off hours and didn't hear anything for awhile so I submitted it again during the day yesterday. I am right at the cut-off point since we cruise in a couple days. They approved it an hour or so after my second submission. Hey, it was a last minute $130 so I wasn't going to let it get away.

WOW - $130....that is great. That would more than pay for our S&S on every cruise we have taken (including coke card for DD, and maybe a photo at formal night). I will keep my fingers crossed for myself but won't count on it. I was excited over my $20 :D

If was under the impression after reading the Price guarantee policy you only have 48 hours to ask for reduction after you book??? I'm confused also. Mine was denied today and I figured it was over the 48 hour limit.

People on this thread are talking about getting reductions with early saver rate.

the 48 hours best price guarantee is just that, its for any rate that drops within 48 hours of booking, you get 110% back.

two different forms and policies.

I've submitted my first Early Saver form! I didn't think I had a chance to find a fare lower than the one we paid for our suite, but low and behold, this morning it was cheaper and by almost enough to pay for our tips. I don't think it will be denied since it was the price on the Carnival website, but I'm still anxious to find out.

How long has it taken you to receive your response? Does it really take the full three days, or do they make decisions much more quickly?

Thanks,

Danny

I have received a response before in as little as one day, and other times I never got a response. I recommend you save a screen shot of the page that you saw the lower fare on in case you have issues with Carnival. You never know how this will turn out.

I have received a response before in as little as one day, and other times I never got a response. I recommend you save a screen shot of the page that you saw the lower fare on in case you have issues with Carnival. You never know how this will turn out.

How do I "save a screen shot"? Do I need to print something? I don't have a printer in my home office.

The prices can change multiple times per day but once a day should be enough. I can get obsessive with the checking. I do once in the morning at work and another around dinner time.

I am glad to know I'm not the only one to check twice a day. Have save $100.00 doing that.

Archived