Early Saver - How long for a decision?

Ithocles

I've submitted my first Early Saver form! I didn't think I had a chance to find a fare lower than the one we paid for our suite, but low and behold, this morning it was cheaper and by almost enough to pay for our tips. I don't think it will be denied since it was the price on the Carnival website, but I'm still anxious to find out.

How long has it taken you to receive your response? Does it really take the full three days, or do they make decisions much more quickly?

Thanks,

Danny

I received mine within the hour after I submitted it. My son submitted one the same time I did but his obviously didn't reach them because he never received a confirmation or anything. So after a few days he resubmitted it again and received it within the hour.

Isn't it exciting to get OBC??? :)

OK folks, learn me up on the Early Saver plan. How do I know if I have it? I signed up for a late November cruise 110 days before it sails. I have already paid for everything (including tips, didn't realize that until I reviewed the receipt). I booked through the Carnival website. On the lower right there is a blue and red logo with "110% best price guarantee" - is this the ES plan?

Now, if I see a lower price on their website, and if I happen to be signed up under the ES plan, what happens now, and how do I make it happen?

OBC would be OK, but an upgrade to a porthole cabin would we better. I am currently booked for Stateroom M-34 (Cat 4B) on the Ecstasy.

Just checking today, it looks like the have lowered the fare by about $5 per person. Not much, but it is almost a beer a piece!

First two, the agreement came within minutes...even before the auto notification they had my price reduction. Last one I didnt hear (also the only one I submitted after hours, hmmm).

They denied it, emailed them back to recheck their math, it was approved.

OK folks, learn me up on the Early Saver plan. How do I know if I have it? I signed up for a late November cruise 110 days before it sails. I have already paid for everything (including tips, didn't realize that until I reviewed the receipt). I booked through the Carnival website. On the lower right there is a blue and red logo with "110% best price guarantee" - is this the ES plan?

Now, if I see a lower price on their website, and if I happen to be signed up under the ES plan, what happens now, and how do I make it happen?

OBC would be OK, but an upgrade to a porthole cabin would we better. I am currently booked for Stateroom M-34 (Cat 4B) on the Ecstasy.

Just checking today, it looks like the have lowered the fare by about $5 per person. Not much, but it is almost a beer a piece!

here's a link to the form. If you used a TA they will have to request the credit. tip - make a print screen of the lower price. My first request was denied. I emailed them the print screen of the lower price for my category and it was approved. Good luck!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

btw...it took about 24 hours for the denial and 30 minutes after I sent the print screen of the price the OBC was approved.

Im new to the ES option. I didn't realize it was up to me to find out if the price had changed.

So, I have to do a search often to see if there are any reductions, then request the credit?

My cruise is still well over a year away. How often do you all check the prices?

Im new to the ES option. I didn't realize it was up to me to find out if the price had changed.

So, I have to do a search often to see if there are any reductions, then request the credit?

My cruise is still well over a year away. How often do you all check the prices?

The prices can change multiple times per day but once a day should be enough. I can get obsessive with the checking. I do once in the morning at work and another around dinner time.

The prices can change multiple times per day but once a day should be enough. I can get obsessive with the checking. I do once in the morning at work and another around dinner time.

A lot of people I know would think Id lost my mind if I admitted to them checking prices every day.

What I did was add the cruise to my "Saved Cruises" on Carnival's website, so I can see it quickly, right from the home page. It makes it easy to see if there's been any pricing movement, although it's not fool-proof. It usually says, "XYZ cruise from $529," but once or twice I've seen it say "XYZ cruise from $499," which indicates there's been some movement in the price. I then click deeper & see if my category 4C has changed. So far we've gotten back about $30.

Refresh my memory, please. I booked the Early Saver. Final is due in 3 days through my TA, and Sep. 1st for Carnival - 8 weeks out. So, if the price goes down after final, will I get a credit or OBC, or nothing? Thank you!

You can get OBC up to two days prior to the cruise sail date.

Good luck!

here's a link to the form.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

btw...it took about 24 hours for the denial and 30 minutes after I sent the print screen of the price the OBC was approved.

Thanks! I booked the cruise myself through the Carnival website. I looked and the rate has only dropped by $5, but it is a start. Rather than a screenprint, I sent them the link to where I saw the lower price - it was there website, so they should be able to pull it up. I hope that there are more drops, we are only $15 more (per person) away from an upgrade to an Ocean View stateroom!

DryCreek - It's my understanding that ES rates are pulled about 5 months prior to a sailing, so the option was not likely available to you on this cruise. Check it out next time you book.

How would I be able to tell if I did book under the ES program? Is there something on the receipt such as the fare code (PPB)?

Will, it took just a couple of hours! And it was approved. It is very excited to get money towards our cruise, which is at the end of January.

As for how to tell if you are early saver or not, I believe you can just call carnival to check and see. That is, unless you booked through a TA, then you will have to call your TA.

I check prices once a day myself. Sometimes on the weekend I'll miss a day but it just takes a few seconds to check. Maybe once a week I'll check travelocity for their prices too, but I know Carnival is very careful about offering the lowest price.

I don't know if I'll get any more, but I'll have fun checking!

Thanks,

Danny

A lot of people I know would think Id lost my mind if I admitted to them checking prices every day.

I check everyday, multiple times a day. Sometimes I leave the Carnival window open on my computer for easier access :rolleyes:

Do they honor the price difference if it's on another site other then Carnival's, or is it ONLY through Carnival's website that they have to verify the price? Because I've only been checking Carnival's site. If I have other site's to research I'm really never going to get any work done lol

Thanks! I booked the cruise myself through the Carnival website. I looked and the rate has only dropped by $5, but it is a start. Rather than a screenprint, I sent them the link to where I saw the lower price - it was there website, so they should be able to pull it up. I hope that there are more drops, we are only $15 more (per person) away from an upgrade to an Ocean View stateroom!

Take the screen-print! What if the price has changed *again* by the time they look at it. Or some other problem (of which we've seen reports on this site). Take the screen-print so you have proof that a lower price was offered, even if it goes away mere hours later.

I check everyday, multiple times a day. Sometimes I leave the Carnival window open on my computer for easier access :rolleyes:

Do they honor the price difference if it's on another site other then Carnival's, or is it ONLY through Carnival's website that they have to verify the price? Because I've only been checking Carnival's site. If I have other site's to research I'm really never going to get any work done lol

There should never be a advertised price on any site lower than Carnival's since Carnival doesnt allow discounting.

(this isnt counting perks a TA might give to get you to book).

I use other TA sites, and then double check it on Carnival if there is a question before I submit the price drop. I too take the screen print.

Quick question

I booked my cruise with early saver (it is paid in full)does that mean I am not entitled to a OBC(or upgrade) if the price drops?

Please explain as I am a wee bit confused!:o

You shouldn't be penalized for paying in full, so OBC should be credited to your account if your price drops. I found most of my drops around the 30 day mark and sometimes two drops in one day. We had two cabins and I could hardly fill out the forms fast enough! In my experience most of the drops appear after lunch and rarely overnight. Good Luck!

Archived