Wine on Princess

Cruisin'BusyBee

So sorry if this has been asked prior: can you and your DH take a bottle of wine in your carryon w/Princess? We were able to do this on Carnival, as they allowed 1 bottle of wine per person on the embarkment day - nice to have a glass of wine on balcony.......................C/BB

ok, so it is the same as Carnival - whereby, NO PROBLEM w/each of us bringing on 1 bottle each - don't think I could lug another bottle anyway, but ea. of us w/a bottle will do for a good refreshment break:D. Now, I need to locate a decent hotel w/wine shop nearby; does FL have wine in regular stores, too (NY only does not!)

C/BB

If you are staying at or near embassy suites there is a LARGE wine shop a couple of blocks away called "Totally Wines" 906 Cordova Road

Fort Lauderdale. (954) 828-9463 totalwine.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=totally+wines+fort+lauderdale+florida&sll=26.099268,-80.130195&sspn=0.00177,0.00515&ie=UTF8&hq=totally+wines&hnear=Fort+Lauderdale,+Broward,+Florida&ll=26.182554,-80.36499&spn=0.874984,2.113495&t=h&z=10

If you are staying at or near embassy suites there is a LARGE wine shop a couple of blocks away called "Totally Wines" 906 Cordova Road

Fort Lauderdale. (954) 828-9463 totalwine.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=totally+wines+fort+lauderdale+florida&sll=26.099268,-80.130195&sspn=0.00177,0.00515&ie=UTF8&hq=totally+wines&hnear=Fort+Lauderdale,+Broward,+Florida&ll=26.182554,-80.36499&spn=0.874984,2.113495&t=h&z=10

thanks for the wine store

Last February we went to Total Wines - what a store - and bought 12 bottles of wine for a 10 day cruise on Ruby. They gave us a used wine shipping box. They had stacks of them for customers rather than just throw them away. We put the wine in the box and returned to the hotel. We borrowed tape from the front desk to seal the box and taped the luggage tag on the top along with putting our name and stateroom several places on the box. I handed it to the baggage people along with our checked luggage. Next time I saw the box, it was in our stateroom safe and unopened. We asked the stateroom attendant for two wine glasses which he kept clean all during the cruise. Every afternoon before dinner we had a nice bottle of wine while sitting on our balcony enjoying the view. We kept the wine in the refrigerator after removing the goodies and showing our attendant where we put it (I really did not want to buy any of it). On the last night after drinking our last bottle, we returned the goodies to the refrigerator in approximately the same place. No problems at all.

Last year I brought about 10 bottles, packed in a sturdy box along with other assorted things (books, those single serve powders for water etc) Tape it up, put a luggage tag on it, and give to the porters. I enjoyed having wine in the room on the balcony. I also took it to the dining room and paid the $15 corkage fee. Even with the fee, bringing my own was cheaper than buying from Princess. Its a win-win, they make money and I save a little,and no need to smuggle. I shared with DD and this helped lower her bar bill too! I had a few left over, and just took them home with me. DH doesn't drink so I brought a 12 pack of energy drinks for him, sent those with the porter too.

Archived