Snacks for excursions?

Crystalies28

I sail in just TWO DAYS, on the Carnival Inspiration and I am SO excited.

We are planning to take the 7 hour excursion to Tulum, but in reading a bit about the trip I see they only provide a small snack. I was wondering if Carnival has food we can bring along on the excursions, just some fruit or snacks.

Either that or if anyone has taken that trip, is there a place to buy lunch along the way.

Thanks!!

We carry peanut butter crackers and nutri-grain bars for snacks. Always have a bottle of water.

We took the Tulum tour from an RC cruise and it included a beach break where they served us a lunch.

If I remember correctly there is a shopping area before you go to the ruins. I think there was a snack bar there as well as the souvenier shops.

Does the excursion give you lunch? I remember a box lunch being provided for on our long day excursion.

They do stop in a very tourist place. the prices are more then triple what you can find it elsewhere- bring quarters if you gotta use the potty.

So hard to know what a "small snack" is, I have had everything from a plastic cup of pretzels to a wonderful selection of mexican snacks that was enough for a meal!

Bring some of your own snacks from home just in case, a granola bar or two.

Go on the excursion thread to see if anyone has gone on that one and the snack they received.

Potty quarters!!!

Wow... That is definitely not something I was expecting!! eek!

BYO TP?? haha

The carnival description does mention a "light snack and bottled water" being provided, so that is a plus.

Dont laugh. I got stuck at a beach with no TP. Glad I had tissue in my pocket. Now I also go prepared for anything

Dont laugh. I got stuck at a beach with no TP. Glad I had tissue in my pocket. Now I also go prepared for anything

I never travel without a packet of tissue and hand sanitizer! You never know when you may need it! I even use it to wash the toilet seat on a train in Egypt, hard to squat when you are going back & forth! When I was at the Valley of the Kings, kids would steal the tp out of the washrooms and sell it to tourists for a $1 per square! LOL

McDonalds in Switzerland you have to tip the bathroom attendant to use it in one tourist town I was in!

I never travel without a packet of tissue and hand sanitizer! You never know when you may need it! I even use it to wash the toilet seat on a train in Egypt, hard to squat when you are going back & forth! When I was at the Valley of the Kings, kids would steal the tp out of the washrooms and sell it to tourists for a $1 per square! LOL

McDonalds in Switzerland you have to tip the bathroom attendant to use it in one tourist town I was in!

You are far more well traveled than I, However I did just stick two Tissue Packs in my carry on and I am already set with my Bath and Body Works Pocket Bac'!!

Though for a chance to see the Valley of the Kings I would be totally okay with a little BYO TP!

I sail in just TWO DAYS, on the Carnival Inspiration and I am SO excited.

We are planning to take the 7 hour excursion to Tulum, but in reading a bit about the trip I see they only provide a small snack. I was wondering if Carnival has food we can bring along on the excursions, just some fruit or snacks.

Either that or if anyone has taken that trip, is there a place to buy lunch along the way.

Thanks!!

I enjoyed the Tulum tour. It is broken down in segmets. First a boat, than a bus, than shopping, than the ruins, than more shopping, than bus, and boat back to ship. The food was only a sandwich, which was if I remember correctly, was a slice of meat and cheese on two slices of bed. However, there were many opportutities to buy snacks and food around which we did. Note that I had 2 teenage boys, so they needed food. Your can not bring food from the ship for many reasons, however, if you bring things like granola barrs etc they are usually fine if you make sure they are sealed. However, remembering them is a different story. I just usually find something local to eat, and make sure I have a big breakfast.

Archived