Thinking of upgrading to AQ

jwright98

Ok, thinking of upgrading to AQ for my Sept cruise. Rooms that are available are two far forward near the relaxation room (one port 1508, one starboard 1511). And about 5 near the rear (1641 port, starboard - 1642, 46, 48 & 50).

Also, which side is the smoking side? I'm not sure if it will make a difference up to deck 11, but wanted to ask.

Seems if I chose one of the far forward rooms, I'd have a hike to dining. I've never been on a cruise, just trying to figure it all out. Thanks!

Ok, thinking of upgrading to AQ for my Sept cruise. Rooms that are available are two far forward near the relaxation room (one port 1508, one starboard 1511). And about 5 near the rear (1641 port, starboard - 1642, 46, 48 & 50).

Also, which side is the smoking side? I'm not sure if it will make a difference up to deck 11, but wanted to ask.

Seems if I chose one of the far forward rooms, I'd have a hike to dining. I've never been on a cruise, just trying to figure it all out. Thanks!

The smoking likely won't matter. On the lower decks it is port side (but AQ is so high above those smoking areas it would be unlikely to matter). On the decks above the pool, smoking is starboard side - but because of the overhang that too is unlikely to be an issue. As for picking a room aft or forward, just decide which is closer to public areas on the ship you are most likely to frequent. You may feel slightly more motion forward compared to aft, so consider that if prone to seasickness. Aqua class has some great perks and Solstice Class ships are amazing, so great choices for a first cruise! :)

Hi we did Aqua Class on the Solstice in January and have booked again for the Eclipser next week!! Just loved it, Blu is outstanding a much higher level of service, no crowds and you can dine when every you want after the first night. Great to be able to use the spa area when you want at no extra cost. Room we loved the extra touches like the shower and free bottled water every day. Well worth the extra cost!!!! hope this helps.

sounds like a good deal for AQ-- try to get as close to mid ships as you can if you are subject to motion issues--if not it does not matter that much-- we have not been in AQ yet (have two booked) S class ships are not so huge that walking to places is an issue! Enjoy!

I am also travelling AQ in September and was originally booked midships. After some research I swithed to a more forward cabin. My decision was based on the balcony overhang. I love the balcony and for me the large overhang midships looked like a drawback, the forward cabins seem more "open" on the veranda. I also don't mind walking although my beautiful S.0. may not like the longer "heels' eexcursion at night.

we also just upgraged to Aqua for this cruise - if bed location matters to you - 1508&1641 has bed by bathroom, 1511&1646 has bed by the balcony. If I'm reading the deck plans correctly, the starboard forward cabins are closer to the entrance for the relaxation room and stairs to the persian garden (which is across from cabin 1520, please correct me if thats wrong). The martini bar and food won for us, so we chose an aft cabin - either way, you walk to food or entertainment. Have fun chosing and enjoy the perks - I know we will - :)

Hi we had one of the AQ cabins near the front and it was actually really interesting when we were docking in port as many times we could see into the bridge as it sticks out a bit on both sides at the front (you can see it on the deck plans). There are joy stick controls in this section that the officers use and the windows enable them to see how far they are from the dockside.

Was in 1511 and I was very pleased with my stay in that cabin ... Please see the comments that I posted for inclusion in the Solstice-Class Cabin Information Compilation [which you can access via the sticky thread listed above; start at the last page and page backward to get to the most recent PDF File] as well as my comments relative to the cabin's brightness and quietness in the thread that follows...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1174246&highlight=1511

Though I have found that I personally prefer to be a bit closer to the midships elevators in terms of convenience in getting to the places I'm most apt to go while aboard--and suniness is not as important to me as it is to some guests--I would have no hesitation about booking 1511 again...

Archived