Transportation from MIA to Fort Lauderdale Hotel

debsjc

Could anyone please recommend a company for private transportation from Miami airport to the Hyatt Place North in Fort Lauderdale?

I might have considered SAS, although I know they are a shuttle rather than private transfer, but they do not do pick-ups from MIA airport anyway. Thanks

A taxi will run about $100:eek: SuperShuttle from MIA will save you a few $ as long as there's only 2 travelling. Most making this trip rent a car and drop at FLL. I believe I have seen LarrysLimos suggested on these boards for this trip. Good luck!:)

We used Larry's Limos last time to go from MIA to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Service was excellent. They were there waiting for us and once we got out luggage, we were off without having to wait. Cost $84, plus tip, which was cheaper than a cab. We got driven in a very nice Lincoln Navigator. Would definitely recommend them to go from MIA to to the hotel.

Tim

We looked into the same thing for awhile...and finally decided to just rent a car...

We arrive on Saturday at 5:00 am in MIA for a Sunday cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and are staying at the SpringHill Suites...

We reserved a compact car from National Rent-a-Car for $39 and change, including taxes, for the day...I figure this beats the shuttle in a number of ways:

We don't have to drive around dropping off other people...

We can make stops along the way for breakfast, etc...

We can keep the car and use it to venture out from the hotel and go shopping, visit relatives--whatever we have time to do that day IF WE WANT...

We can go to dinner anywhere and not be restricted to what's near the hotel...

After dinner, I'll just drive the car back to the rental car return and then have the hotel shuttle, I guess, pick me up...and the next morning, we'll just take the hotel shuttle to the pier...

We used Larry's Limos last time to go from MIA to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Service was excellent. They were there waiting for us and once we got out luggage, we were off without having to wait. Cost $84, plus tip, which was cheaper than a cab. We got driven in a very nice Lincoln Navigator. Would definitely recommend them to go from MIA to to the hotel.

Tim

I've used Larry's Limos twice from FLL to POM and it was outstanding service.

Thanks for all the info. We are arriving from an international flight, and will be tired, so I think I will stay away from a rental car this time.

Will probably give Larry's Limo a try, but thanks for the other ideas as well.

Thanks for all the info. We are arriving from an international flight, and will be tired, so I think I will stay away from a rental car this time.

Will probably give Larry's Limo a try, but thanks for the other ideas as well.

You should be able to book the Larry's Limos online without a problem. We did enter credit card info, but it appears that was to hold the reservation, not pay for it up front (which was nice) They called our cell phone when we landed so something to think about being from the UK. I am sure the cell phones work here, but I know that I need the international plan to prevent the huge charges.

Archived