tropical storm earl

Absolutely,:eek: nothing will be canceled or rerouted but I think there is a 99.9% chance that there will be large swells and the seas will be uncomfortable for folks subject to motion.

Kewl :)

Should make for some interesting Flowrider rides! :D

The weather men and women, can only guess, and hope they are right, and most of the time they are close. But Hurricanes can change direction at any moment, just ask the people who went through the 2004 season. I think it was Charley that changed with out warning, just as the people in SW Florida

If a hurricane did come closer to or into the Bahamas, all the ships, would be seeking refuge in the same area, so I would suspect, that you might have many extra days at sea. If it is just a brush by, the seas will be probably be rough, but after having experienced a non hurricane wind in excess of 60 mph, from Port Canaveral to Labadee it will be a fun ride.

Here in central Florida, we will take all the tropical storms you can give us, we need the rain, but please no Hurricanes.

Dr. Jeff Masters, at www.wunderground.com, is just the best. I check his blog frequently, and you can take his opinion to the bank (most of the time.) When we were dealing with Katrina five years ago down here, he was spot on.

Check him out.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html

Just skimmed it but I gather that Earl and the other TS following Earl will hit the cold water left by Danielle thereby diminishing those two storms so they will not be a threat to cruise ship passengers leaving from Florida :)

Just skimmed it but I gather that Earl and the other TS following Earl will hit the cold water left by Danielle thereby diminishing those two storms so they will not be a threat to cruise ship passengers leaving from Florida :)

Jeff gets a little technical (OK, a lot!), and much of his pitch is toward weather geeks (which I tend toward myself), but we're sailing on the FOS Sept. 5, so it's too far out to predict much of anything.

This just ratchets up my excitement level. DW ... not so much. She'll come around, right??

You should be OK. Well, time to quote the late George Carlin -- back when we were in a cold war with Russia. George was the Hippy Dippy Weatherman.

"The radar is picking up a line of thundershowers which extends from a point 9 miles NNE of Secaucus, New Jersey, along a line and 6 miles either side of the line to a point 5 miles SSW of Fond Du Lac. However, the radar is also picking up a squadron of Russian ICBMs... so I wouldn't sweat the thundershowers."

leaving on the FOS Sunday, I don't think that Earl will prolong my cruise, don't know what the next storm will do, but maybe we should pack extra undies:)

Better not prolong your cruise because I'm cruising next Sunday!

Here in central Florida, we will take all the tropical storms you can give us, we need the rain, but please no Hurricanes.

You may need a night at Holiday Inn and then make the request again... You want rain...not any "storm"...this time of year you can go to bed with a TS out in the Gulf and wake up to find a Cat 2 moved thru overnight....ask the Beaumont area...it happened a couple years ago...I stayed up almost all night watching it happen and couldn't beleive what I was watching.

I'd like some good rains at the ranch in the next week...Not TS or H's needed...

To watch these things from home...I like www stormpulse com

Hope nobody faces any changed ports or overly heavy seas. 25' seas is enough for most cruisers...beyond that it gets a bit hairy.

We're leaving on LOS out of Miami on 9/5. I told my wife to pack the Bonine and bring a good book lol.

Ultimately, you're on vacation and on a cruise ship. Make the most of it!

I guess I should go add the Dramamine to my stack-o-stuff that's ready to be packed for my cruise next Friday

Something tells me that even if Earl is further East, the winds and waves he kicks up could result in canceling the stop at Coco Cay :( (which tends to get missed quite a bit even when there isn't a hurricane in the neighborhood)

At this point, it's anyone's guess. Eastern routes could be fine, a little rough, or they could even possibly kick everyone West if it gets bad.

I'm just happy that in 7 days, I'll be in Miami doing the pre-cruise relaxing!:D

Royal Caribbean has altered the itineraries of both Oasis of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment, which left Baltimore on Thursday, will call on San Juan tomorrow. On Monday, it will visit Samana, Dominican Republic instead of St. Thomas, as originally scheduled. It will stop in Labadee on Tuesday and spend Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at sea as it returns to Baltimore on Saturday.

Oasis will be unable to make its scheduled port calls in St. Thomas on Tuesday and St. Maarten on Wednesday. Instead, the ship will make an extended visit to Nassau on Sunday, spend Monday and Tuesday at sea, and call on Costa Maya on Wednesday and Cozumel on Thursday. It will then spend Friday at sea as it returns to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, as scheduled.

just found this on my FB acct posted by cruise critic. a little confused why i don't see anything on RCCL site.

My cruise isn't for another 14 days so I'm hopin Fiona doesn't hang around long. Not so sure how I'll be with motion sickness.

By then we should be on G or H or I or all three...

Don't worry too much the captain wants to keep everyone as well as possible so will not needlessly go into terrible weather. Shipboard sales in the bars etc...are slow when everyone is blowing chow in the head.

Archived