Webshots Question . . . . .

glrounds

I think this is a ridiculous question and I don't start threads very often, but, I can't for the life of me, find an answer to this on the Webshots site. Sooooooooooooooo, why not ask my CC buddies ? :)

I have my LEGEND cruise posted on WEBSHOTS and have a link to my pics. That's fine.

What I would like to know:

If I post "other" photos on WEBSHOTS (e.g. pics of my friends, my family, and biz pics) are all those that are linked to WEBSHOTS from my link on my CC posts able to see those pics ALSO ? or just the pics of the LEGEND cruise? :confused:

Hope I made myself clear. Thanks for any responses.

Anyone that has a link to any photo or album can see all the albums unless you designated them as "Private" when you uploaded them.

See... http://community.webshots.com/photo/262530828/266953649iCSpJT

The above is a photo

http://community.webshots.com/album/262530828tRUljv

Don't know if this will work but the above is an album.

Hope this helps.

What I would recommend is to put all of your cruise photos in one public album, and link that album in your sig.

For photos of friends and family or other photos you would like to keep private, you can make those friends only. This way, someone has to have an email invitation from you with a link to view that album.

To do this, go to webshots.com and click on "My account", then the "My photos" tab. This brings you to the control panel. Click on the album you want to make friends only. To the right of the screen is a list of options. Under "Edit", click on album properties. You will see your album title, description, and then an option to make the album public or private. Just click private. When you want to invite a friend or family member to that album, you can use the "invite others to view" option in the albums properties screen. Hope this helps!

Thanks all.

I guess designating my personal pics as being "private" is the way to go. Quite frankly, I don't care if anyone from CC sees these pics, I just think if I make them available to everyone who uses my link, CCers may get the impression that I'm self-promoting, so to speak.

Again, thanks for the expert advice. :)

Archived