Carnival $6 Babysitting, pay in cash?

sas80

You pay the babysitter directly at the end of the evening.

Um, no. ;)

That would be for RCI. And Sas is asking about Carnival.

Sas my dear. Everything on Carnival goes on the card, as you suspected. :D

So, how are things babe? Getting it all figured out? I can't wait till you get back. I want to hear all about it. :D:D:D

Um, no. ;)

That would be for RCI. And Sas is asking about Carnival.

Sas my dear. Everything on Carnival goes on the card, as you suspected. :D

So, how are things babe? Getting it all figured out? I can't wait till you get back. I want to hear all about it. :D

ty Michelle! I was wondering. But I knew that CB was, as usual, just being helpful :)

Yay, I love the fact that we can charge the $6 on our set and sail!!! That means less cash we have to carry, yay!

Yes, getting it all figured out. Check in is the same, curbside for bags and then we check ourselves in. The luggage tags are colored paper ones that you pring out and attach...need to put clear plastic tape over those or they are sure to get lost. I cant imagine how people's luggage doesn't get lost using the paper tags! Practicing my "She's 2 and he is 4 in October" statement :D We'll see how that goes. The kids are excited! We are excited.

We managed to upgrade to a window room for $40 when the cost of sailing dropped, so we shall see how that turns out. I think we are going to skip MDR as usual. Just don't want the added stress of lugging clothes, having to figure out if the kids will do the kids club or come with us, etc. We'll eat as a family in the buffet and then enjoy the ship some. Maybe drop the kids off for an hour or two at the kids club at night. We shall see! I dont know if we are even really getting off, cept to do a little shopping at the pier on Coz and Progreso.

I'll let you know how it goes and how it compares to RCCL.

ty Michelle! I was wondering. But I knew that CB was, as usual, just being helpful :)

Yay, I love the fact that we can charge the $6 on our set and sail!!! That means less cash we have to carry, yay!

Yes, getting it all figured out. Check in is the same, curbside for bags and then we check ourselves in. The luggage tags are colored paper ones that you pring out and attach...need to put clear plastic tape over those or they are sure to get lost. I cant imagine how people's luggage doesn't get lost using the paper tags! Practicing my "She's 2 and he is 4 in October" statement :D We'll see how that goes. The kids are excited! We are excited.

We managed to upgrade to a window room for $40 when the cost of sailing dropped, so we shall see how that turns out. I think we are going to skip MDR as usual. Just don't want the added stress of lugging clothes, having to figure out if the kids will do the kids club or come with us, etc. We'll eat as a family in the buffet and then enjoy the ship some. Maybe drop the kids off for an hour or two at the kids club at night. We shall see! I dont know if we are even really getting off, cept to do a little shopping at the pier on Coz and Progreso.

I'll let you know how it goes and how it compares to RCCL.

I would really recommend trying the MDR on Carnival. Their buffet was nowhere near as good as Windjammer - too crowded and kind of dark. The MDR seems more casual than RCI's MDR too. On certain nights, the kids club will feed the kids in the buffet.

Hey Michelle!

I have been wondering what the Ship Tour from May 2010 is you have listed in your past cruises???

Sorry to be nosey, just curious!

:D

I'm an open book. You know you can just ask! :D It is listed right next to it, NCL Jewel. It was a great day! And it really changed my opinion of NCL. I REALLY want to book a cruise on either Jewel or Epic now. I think my kids would really enjoy those ships. And the food was really good!

I would really recommend trying the MDR on Carnival. Their buffet was nowhere near as good as Windjammer - too crowded and kind of dark. The MDR seems more casual than RCI's MDR too. On certain nights, the kids club will feed the kids in the buffet.

Oh I totally agree with Boulders Sas! I think you will be ripping out your hair in the buffet. You might want to try the MDR with the kids one night. The lines are maddening in the buffet. You will crack. :p

I'm an open book. You know you can just ask! :D It is listed right next to it, NCL Jewel. It was a great day! And it really changed my opinion of NCL. I REALLY want to book a cruise on either Jewel or Epic now. I think my kids would really enjoy those ships. And the food was really good!

So, it was a one day tour that you did aboard the ship? Did the ship actually sail? Were you on overnight? What port was it at? How did you hear about it? :D

Oh I totally agree with Boulders Sas! I think you will be ripping out your hair in the buffet. You might want to try the MDR with the kids one night. The lines are maddening in the buffet. You will crack. :p

HA! We just had dinner at home with these two....

Not only did the peace last a total of 10 minutes, they seem to feel that the best way to enjoy a meal is to make each other laugh...all the way thru it!

I think we will skip the MDR until beating your kids in public becomes acceptable :)

Sas,

try the dining room, Carnival tends to group families with young children together so most likely you will be surrounded by others with young ones. They also will enjoy the singing and dancing in the dining room each night. The waiters dress up and sing eevry night on Carnival. Also dont miss the welcome aboard family party it is a blast with dancing, baloons, bubbles, family contests, games etc. even the fun ship freddy character shows up to lead everyone in a dance.

Archived