trans. fr pier to Lahaina?

kimala

If your ship is anchored right off Lahaina you will be let off right in the middle of town. When we were there in October of last year, there were taxis available just a short walk from where your ships boats will be dropping off passengers. We were not there overnight so I don't know what the situation is like in the evening.

Have a great next cruise.

You need to check with NCL to see where the POA will dock for your tour. Most times it docks over on the other side at Kahului rather than tender at Lahaina. Kahului is about a 45 minute drive from Lahaina. NCL does have a tour called Lahaina on your own where they take you over there, leave you and you catch the bus back later but I doubt it would run that late at night. You could check with NCL to find out. A taxi that distance would be rather expensive. Sorry, I would recommend a car rental. Maui's traffic isn't near as bad as Oahu's. With two days in Maui, there is much to see. It's a beautiful island. But, if your cruise does tender at Lahaina, you should have no problems with a taxi.

I spent a lot of time doing research on Maui transportation because I wasn't planning to rent a car. There is public bus service, but it doesn't run in the evening. Taxi/shuttle service is very expensive, but you can contact Speedi Shuttle for their prices. We're on POA 3/6 sailing and renting a car. It's much less expensive. I live in WV and the temperature was 10 degrees this morning. Can't wait for the Hawaii sun! We leave 2 weeks from today!!!

Please post after you return. We wont be there till April 30th...staying 1 night at the Marriott, sailling May 1st. I did Email Speedi shuttle yesterday regarding rates from the pier to the luau. Hope to hear from them soon. I know NCL has a trip called Lahaina on your own, which is simply transportation to that coast and back for @ 25.00/pp may go that route but not sure if they run return trtips after 9pm??? Anyways Im sure it will all work out, cant wait to see my parents faces when they see Hawaii, they are mid 70s and this is our first vacation with them since we took them on a short cruise for their 50th anniv. Aug of 1999. Have a great time in Hawaii!!!

kimala,

Here's the response I had gotten from Speedi Shuttle when I asked about transportation to Lahaina:

Fares: 2 pax $39.69 each way

3 pax $42.82 each way

4 pax $43.86 each way

5 pax $45.95 each way

6 pax $49.09 each way

Reservations need to be made two days in advance. Thanks,Shanna

I rented a car for a day with my Entertainment coupon for about $30.

Also, for Lahaina on your own through the ship, I've read on the boards that the ship picks what time you come back. I think the last pickup time is at 4pm, so it sounds like you don't have a lot of say on that, and it definitely doesn't run at night. I'll post more when I get back from the cruise.

Archived