Solstice Tinted Glass

sue7045

The tinting was originally applied to the balcony railing glass. It did not show up very well to people viewing the ship. It now looks like they have actually painted the balcony railing glass to make the "X" more visible. It wont make your cabin any darker.

The complaint I've seen about the 'X' on the glass is that it is reflective on the inside. Instead of looking fully thru the glass, you've looking at a reflection of your balcony.

(I haven't been on one, have only read about 'em.)

Edited to add: search for 'tinted x' and you can see pictures.

The complaint I've seen about the 'X' on the glass is that it is reflective on the inside. Instead of looking fully thru the glass, you've looking at a reflection of your balcony.

(I haven't been on one, have only read about 'em.)

Edited to add: search for 'tinted x' and you can see pictures.

Thanks for the help but i'm having trouble locating the site to see pictures. Can you give me more information?

We were in cabin 6219 for a transatlantic cruise last fall. The balcony was about 30% impacted by the X on the glass. We didn't find it a problem, we just slanted our chairs so we were looking away from it. When we were standing up it didn't have any effect. It didn't cut any light off, it was slightly reflective, but you could still see through it.

Sheila

Archived