Meeting Other People

travelman2009

Iv never heard of them on Carnival or anywhere else. Maybe you can give me more details?

One thing you can do is go to your roll call here on CC and talk to the others on your cruise and get to know them before the cruise. Iv had some ok and some great roll calls. Some get very active. Some never meet for real. Longer 7 day cruises have a better chance of being more active. I think on a 3 day cruise, people are so focused on not missing anything, they dont want to take the time to meet.

Does Carnival Cruises have were you can be part of a club where you can meet other people who are also in the club? I've heard that other cruise lines have these types of clubs but i just wanted to see if carnival had them aswell.

What kind of clubs or groups are you talking about. Do you mean groups like Friends of Dorothy or Friends of Bill W. I know, those are kinda of special interests. If so, they had gatherings listed in the Fun Times on the Legend when we were there.

I've seen groups listed in other posters posts, like Crusing with the Crazies or Coconut Monkey Heads. You might look around and see what you can find. Like someone else said, you could always try the roll call section.

If your talking about a "Roll Call" for the ship your going on and the date your going...click here and go down to "Fun Ships", click on your ship and enter a new Roll Call post (If there isn't one already). We have been on 8 cruises and this is a GREAT way to meet new friends you can share thoughts and ideas with......

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/default.aspx

Sorry - not sure exactly what you're asking for, but Carnival also has a singles meet and mingle. It will be posted in the Fun Times newsletter that you can grab from any bar, the information desk, or your cabin when it's ready. Not sure if this is something that is done on the shorter cruises though...

If you're travelling solo and looking to meet other solo cruisers I suggest you book the new Norwegian EPIC. That ship has 130 cabins for singles and a bar/living room where only the people booked in those cabins can access. Also, there's no single supplement!

Sorry - not sure exactly what you're asking for, but Carnival also has a singles meet and mingle. It will be posted in the Fun Times newsletter that you can grab from any bar, the information desk, or your cabin when it's ready. Not sure if this is something that is done on the shorter cruises though...

they do have them on the shorter cruises as well...I have seen them in the Fun Times but never went yet...has anyone ever gone to one of the singles meet and mingle events? If so, any feedback? :confused:

A club?

Not sure what you mean.

But all the activites that Carnival conducts creates that community/ club feel. And it works. No two Carnival cruises have ever been the same, as it`s driven by the personalities of the make up of the passengers. ignited by the "FUN" stuff.

If you're travelling solo and looking to meet other solo cruisers I suggest you book the new Norwegian EPIC. That ship has 130 cabins for singles and a bar/living room where only the people booked in those cabins can access. Also, there's no single supplement!

True, they have no single supplement, but have you priced the cabins. Sky high prices and rooms that don't even have room for a chair to sit in. I have a closet that is bigger than the the single cabin.

Not only have I priced the cabins, I booked one also. I'm paying the same price for a studio that I would have paid for an inside on carnival. There's only one person in the room, I only use it for the three S's anyway and they have a lounge/living area which makes it easy to meet other solo's. Oh ya, for the same price minus the 45 sq/ft i'm on a much better ship with so much more to do!:D

Not only have I priced the cabins, I booked one also. I'm paying the same price for a studio that I would have paid for an inside on carnival. There's only one person in the room, I only use it for the three S's anyway and they have a lounge/living area which makes it easy to meet other solo's. Oh ya, for the same price minus the 45 sq/ft i'm on a much better ship with so much more to do!:D

But it`s on NCL.

:egads:

Yes, it's on NCL and the ship looks AMAZING! Looks like the last time you cruised with NCL was in 89, if thats the case I don't think you're in a position to judge that cruiseline.:rolleyes:

I flew Air Canada in '89 and it was amazing! Gonna go book a flight it must be the same. :p

Just to clarify the studio cabins on the EPIC are not specifically for singles - they are for anyone to book - however as mentioned there is no 'official' single supplement so may appeal more to solo/single travellers - however the price is inflated to begin with so you may still want to look around for other 'solo' pricing!

Yes, it's on NCL and the ship looks AMAZING! Looks like the last time you cruised with NCL was in 89, if thats the case I don't think you're in a position to judge that cruiseline.:rolleyes:

Why not? That was a brand new ship as well.

Can still even talk about the Fantasy, which I sailed the following year.

Archived