What happened to the filipino

sheilb4

Bands? just off the Legend, and there was none...so disappointed....they used the show singers in solo or duo spots in a couple of venues, backed by 3 or 4 of the showband, no place to dance really and no comparison at all to those great filipino bands that really got the crowd going and dancing with their awesome variety of music...either in Firebird lounge or Satchmos.....would this be another cutback possibly? \

It really impacted the evening entertainment....IMHO.

Anyone have the scoop?

We just got off the Elation and Music Degree was still there.

Music Highlights were on the Fantasy in May...

so if it is a fleetwide change.....it has to be since last week.

It could have been a matter of the replacement band not getting there in time for that cruise .????

50 cruises and the only Filipino bands I've ever seen were in Manila or the O Club at Clark AFB.:confused:

While cruising on Carnival, you've never had "Music Asia" or "Music Boardwalk" or "Music Highlights" entertaining in one of the lounges or at the deck party? If not, you have missed some very good performances. These bands are from The Phillipines and do a VERY GOOD job of entertaining the passengers. There are a few other "Music Something" bands, but I can't remember their names just now. If you've never seen one of these bands on Carnival, it could speak to the fact that Carnival is cutting back in the entertainment department. I hope Carnival is reading this: They need to bring all the "Music........" bands back!

We just got off the Elation and Music Degree was still there.

Music Highlights were on the Fantasy in May...

so if it is a fleetwide change.....it has to be since last week.

It could have been a matter of the replacement band not getting there in time for that cruise .????

Possibly my luck is just bad, but I haven't seen one of these talented Filipino bands since May 2007 on the Fascination.

Okay, I believe that "Music Unlimited" might still be on the Miracle and I heard recently that "Music Connection" is on the Glory. Speaking of "Music Boardwalk" they just got off of the "Freedom" after being their for 8 months and are back home. Don't know where they will be going in October yet. I'm surprised that the Legend didn't have one. A couple of years back I had seen "Music Mix" on the Legend and they were great. I'm a big fan of "Music Boardwalk" and will let you know what ship they will be on as soon as I find out.

Okay, I believe that "Music Unlimited" might still be on the Miracle and I heard recently that "Music Connection" is on the Glory. Speaking of "Music Boardwalk" they just got off of the "Freedom" after being their for 8 months and are back home. Don't know where they will be going in October yet. I'm surprised that the Legend didn't have one. A couple of years back I had seen "Music Mix" on the Legend and they were great. I'm a big fan of "Music Boardwalk" and will let you know what ship they will be on as soon as I find out.

I was on the Miracle last month and Music Unlimited was there. I was on the Glory in June and one was there too. I don't remember the name though.

I'm with Dan on this one. Never seen them, never even heard of them.

Seriously? Have you ever cruised on Carnival? Have you really never been on a ship with a band called Music _____? One of the best cover bands I have ever seen was Music Nertwork. Good classic rock band. They did an awesome version of YYZ by Rush and a 20 minute Queen medley including Bohemian Rhapsody in its entireity. If you're a musician or are familiar with the song, you know how difficult that would be. They nailed it..

Seriously? Have you ever cruised on Carnival? Have you really never been on a ship with a band called Music _____? One of the best cover bands I have ever seen was Music Nertwork. Good classic rock band. They did an awesome version of YYZ by Rush and a 20 minute Queen medley including Bohemian Rhapsody in its entireity. If you're a musician or are familiar with the song, you know how difficult that would be. They nailed it..

i guess they have never been on the miracle or the freedom!:rolleyes:

Seriously?
Seriously.
Have you ever cruised on Carnival?

If your listed cruise history is accurate, more than you.

Have you really never been on a ship with a band called Music _____?
Just checked all of the old Capers. Nope, no such acts listed.

Well..must say the music was pretty bad on the Paradise..June 2009.

Karoke and one solo pianist and 1 guitar player sort of ok and saved the day..and the 8 piece or so Orchestra for the show..good for what they could do and numbers...

The "band" that served for what you all are mentioning..could no way hack it..painful...and I'm pretty easy to please..but we are talking Painful...SO i'M GLAD TO HEAR THERE IS DECENT MUSIC.....THANKS.

The group from the Philippines were on the Splendor this past January, and they were very good. There was another couple (Asian), that sang and played the electric piano. I wasn't too impressed with them. They were taking song requests and I asked for a Frank Sinatra song and they had never heard of it. :rolleyes:

The group from the Philippines were on the Splendor this past January, and they were very good. There was another couple (Asian), that sang and played the electric piano. I wasn't too impressed with them. They were taking song requests and I asked for a Frank Sinatra song and they had never heard of it. :rolleyes:

No Mr. Blue Eyes himself???:(

My favorite of his that he sings...In Other Words...

So often misnamed.... it became Fly Me to the Moon....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_Me_to_the_Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C5twY6f-rU

I am thinking about a 80's metal cover band. There are many indi bands who I am sure would take the job. They could even have an all punk night.

That said my wife would not go with me to listen to it so I am probably the only one who likes good music.

I am thinking about a 80's metal cover band. There are many indi bands who I am sure would take the job. They could even have an all punk night.

That said my wife would not go with me to listen to it so I am probably the only one who likes good music.

Well at 51 in OCT going to embarass myself...and I'm presently wearing a Hawaiian mumu:rolleyes:...what do they really mean by..a "cover band" ; not sure about that term....It's a cool current for Hawaii mumu..if I were there:p.

My thoughts and sentiments too..and as a tail end boomer..things will move to more pop/indie 80's 90's soon for an option I would think.

Well at 51 in OCT going to embarass myself...and I'm presently wearing a Hawaiian mumu:rolleyes:...what do they really mean by..a "cover band" ; .

"cover band" is a band that plays their own versions, or "covers" of popular songs.

Like when you're in the elevator or the mall and you hear a song you recognize, but it's done by a different artist. That's a cover band.

I have seen many of these groups on many Carnival cruise and have liked them all....

On the Dream in Dec they had some band from the US I think and they were bad....

Hoping a good one from the Philippines is on the Fantasy in 19 days.....

"cover band" is a band that plays their own versions, or "covers" of popular songs.

Like when you're in the elevator or the mall and you hear a song you recognize, but it's done by a different artist. That's a cover band.

Thank you Pattimelt.

And I want to add my band that was on Paradise to fill this bill..have no memory of nationality/race or anything zero judgement here about that...they just were pretty bad..and I can say better than I would be on flute now..or probably ever was:D...but just super off key they were and not too good...sjn.

When I saw Music Asia in 2007 on the Fascination, they covered Queen, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Journey, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Kiss, AC/DC, and even Metallica as well as others I cannot remember at this point.

When I saw Music Asia in 2007 on the Fascination, they covered Queen, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Journey, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Kiss, AC/DC, and even Metallica as well as others I cannot remember at this point.

That would be so much fun!!!:D

Archived