What happened to the filipino

sheilb4

The Asian bands whose names start with "Music"...means they all use the same AGENT.

There are other Asian bands that are very good...

Rise Up for one (hey Abraham)...but since they use a different agent in the Phillipines...their name does not have music in it.

Every now and then you get an American band like Dakota (which was VERY good as well.)

50 cruises and the only Filipino bands I've ever seen were in Manila or the O Club at Clark AFB.:confused:

Here is my wonderful wife with one of the Filipino "Music" bands.

And yes, I've seen the bands that played at Clark Air Base and quite a few that played in Manila over the 8 years I lived there. Not many compare to these guys.

Music____.jpg.0ee65e22563ad56082747d33cc591374.jpg

While I loved my Liberty cruise, one huge disappointment was the lack of the Fillipino cover band there

instead they had an American Band, from Cocoa Beach....very little audience interaction..they played some classic rock but way too much of their "own" material, very blah, jazzy

JMO>>> local bands that play a lot of their own material can be a bore. This group was like that. They also took a long/drawn out while to set up, tune up, etc...unlike the great cover bands I am used to

I love the Fillipino bands....so much talent. A friend of mine and fellow cruiser is orignially from there and he says that "every family has a kareoke machine" it seems....singing/imitating bands is so popular there...people really are into it.

We did have a duo, gal and guy , and she could sing Celine and hit the notes..fantastic! They were from the Phillipines

then we had the morose American band, that seemed to be in their own world, just grooving to their generic "originals" ...yuck

Bring back the Fillipino cover bands ! I have heard them sound like Jimmy Hendrix, Aretha Franklin, Led Zepplin, they can "do it all" haha

bring em back please

I guess I just never pay attention to the band. I enjoy the music and don't care who they are.

It always surprises me that the issue of bands/music is so important. I have seen reviews that make so much out of ONE thing on a cruise, entire threads of whether it was a 4 piece or 2 piece band, whether it was on the screen or live. There are so many activities/music/food/ports etc.

If I don't like the music being played, I move or put my Ipod on and listen to it. I guess we don't pay attention to whether there is a band or not and if we didn't hear a note of music played on a cruise, I would listen to my Ipod instead. Music is not why we cruise and often it is hard to even relax and have a conversation of a band is playing nearby.

Music Boardwalk does a great re-endition of "Freebird". A friend of mine posted them on You Tube so give a listen to them when you have the time. It's called Music Boardwalk Freebird. He did it in four parts because it was so long. So that's how they got so good. Karoke. Very interesting.

Blood Power was another good Filipino band. They are currently on the Carnival Liberty.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2228659062&v=wall

Blood Power was the best one I've ever seen. I saw them on the Conquest in October of 2006. They really were amazing and got the audience involved and up dancing.

Here is my wonderful wife with one of the Filipino "Music" bands.

And yes, I've seen the bands that played at Clark Air Base and quite a few that played in Manila over the 8 years I lived there. Not many compare to these guys.

matagal na buhay, kaibigan

Blood Power was the best one I've ever seen. I saw them on the Conquest in October of 2006. They really were amazing and got the audience involved and up dancing.

Another Blood Power fan here! They were fantastic!

To the previous poster, I wouldn't cruise just because a cover band is going to be on a particular ship, but it's great to find a band that you love. We went every night, hung out in the cigar bar and had a great time.

While I loved my Liberty cruise, one huge disappointment was the lack of the Fillipino cover band there

instead they had an American Band, from Cocoa Beach....very little audience interaction..they played some classic rock but way too much of their "own" material, very blah, jazzy

JMO>>> local bands that play a lot of their own material can be a bore. This group was like that. They also took a long/drawn out while to set up, tune up, etc...unlike the great cover bands I am used to

I love the Fillipino bands....so much talent. A friend of mine and fellow cruiser is orignially from there and he says that "every family has a kareoke machine" it seems....singing/imitating bands is so popular there...people really are into it.

We did have a duo, gal and guy , and she could sing Celine and hit the notes..fantastic! They were from the Phillipines

then we had the morose American band, that seemed to be in their own world, just grooving to their generic "originals" ...yuck

Bring back the Fillipino cover bands ! I have heard them sound like Jimmy Hendrix, Aretha Franklin, Led Zepplin, they can "do it all" haha

bring em back please

We saw a Fillipino duo on Victory in 09. If it's the same band you mentioned, there band name is Music Mate & they were FANTASTIC!!!

Steve

The last cruise we were on was the Imagination in March of 07 (but leave in 19 days on Miracle!) but there was a band called Lifeline- they were Fillipino I believe. Guitarist's name was Ricardo if I remember correct. They were a straight-up cover band and were great. Anybody seen them before?

The Asian bands whose names start with "Music"...means they all use the same AGENT.

There are other Asian bands that are very good...

Rise Up for one (hey Abraham)...but since they use a different agent in the Phillipines...their name does not have music in it.

Every now and then you get an American band like Dakota (which was VERY good as well.)

LHP - I should have known you would have this answer. Just off the Fascination and their latest Phillipino band is called Simple Friends. :cool:

LHP - I should have known you would have this answer. Just off the Fascination and their latest Phillipino band is called Simple Friends. :cool:

You are tooo funny. We cruised with them on the Triumph in January.

A couple more American bands that we have sailed with recently is Voo Doo (although I hear they are regrouping, so may not currently be aboard) and Souldrive (they have a lady that can really walk a bass)

Amen to that!!!!! We saw them on the Extended Elation cruise in '05. (Thanks to Hurricane Rita) My First Cruise(What a way to start!!!!)They Rocked!!!! Then in '06 we were lucky enough to catch them on the Conquest !!!!!:D:D:D

Thanks LHP, I have been trying to think of my fav band from the Valor last Oct and Jan 10...RISE UP!! They were just awesome and soo friendly!

You are welcome.....Abraham made me an official band member!!! :)

Without a doubt, the best band that I have seen on a cruise was Blood Power on the Elation about 3 years ago. These guys were great but I needed earplugs to keep my ears from bleeding. I have noticed that the entertainment has really gone downhill on our last 3 cruises. There are fewer bands and the lounges either have a halfa$$ed DJ or Karaoke.

Archived