Bringing Wine on board

lauren0309

The official Princess word on this (on their website) is 1 or 2 bottles per person. The cruise contract says something different.

There are many people on the CC Boards who talk of bringing on a case of wine without any issues. As a matter of fact, I have never heard of anyone having their wine confinscated...

People are not limited as to how much wine they bring on board at any time at any port. I've never heard of anyone saying they've been turned away with wine although they do request that they hold you liquor but in reality most people get it aboard without any problems.

The OP asks about Ft Lauderdale and wine.

They do not take/hold/confiscate any liquor in Embarkation ports.

I just finished the Alaska cruise on Golden. I bought two 1.75 large bottles in Seattle which I carried on, no problem. I also bought two regular sized bottles in Ketchikan and carried them on, no questions asked. The website says you are allowed to bring one bottle on per person, they prefer regular size but 1.75 are permitted. They prefer you not bring wine box (but it doesn't say you cannot, just "they prefer"). I have already checked for our Panama Canal cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, we are staying at the Embassy suites the night prior, and there is a Total Wine store right near it on 17th Street! So happy wining and cruising!

We'll be getting into Papeete in the middle of the night- so no time to buy wine there. Has anyone ever packed wine in their checked luggage before they leave home?? Could be a big mess, I know, just wondering if there are any success stories!

When we flew to Tahiti, we bought liquor at the LAX Duty Free shop. I paid for it in the shop and got a receipt. When we were boarding our plane, someone from the Duty Free shop delivered a bunch of bottles to our plane & put it in each person's overhead compartment. Apparently liquid from a Duty Free shop is permitted on a plane. We carried our bottles off the plane when we got to Papeete.

The prices were good and it was really convenient to not have to carry the bottles around the airport.

I don't remember if the Duty Free Shop also sold wine. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

We'll be getting into Papeete in the middle of the night- so no time to buy wine there. Has anyone ever packed wine in their checked luggage before they leave home?? Could be a big mess, I know, just wondering if there are any success stories!

Some of the wine stores near us sell sealable plastic bags that you inflate with air to protect the "goods". They work like a charm.

When we flew to Tahiti, we bought liquor at the LAX Duty Free shop. I paid for it in the shop and got a receipt. When we were boarding our plane, someone from the Duty Free shop delivered a bunch of bottles to our plane & put it in each person's overhead compartment. Apparently liquid from a Duty Free shop is permitted on a plane. We carried our bottles off the plane when we got to Papeete.

The prices were good and it was really convenient to not have to carry the bottles around the airport.

I don't remember if the Duty Free Shop also sold wine. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

The shop does sell wine because this is exactly what we did. FYI, wine in Tahiti is very expensive in port. You're better off buying it on board.

If you have family/friends that use toner for copiers/printers some of the cartridges that I buy have sleeves to protect them in shipping, which have channels filled with air. They are the perfect size for a bottle of wine and it protects it in my bag/bags.

We last cruised on Princess out of Ft Lauderdale and had no issues. I had a handle of vodka in my suit case which I left at the curb. I also carried (right through embarkation) a full case of wine and a 12-pack of beer in a backpack. The backpack went through the scanner and I got many of comments walking through the embarkation building carrying a box obviously full of booze ("what room are you staying in? where's the party?"), but no issues at all.

Archived