Post cruise hotel/transfer package

Ms Understood

I tried the search function and just didnt find an answer: I have booked Azamara post cruise hotel in Athens. I am an experienced traveller/cruiser and I am aware that this is usually not a good deal so dont go there. I checked and in fact for whatever reason Azamara's price was surprisingly better than doing it myself. Here is my question: does anyone know what time I should expect to arrive at the Hotel? I am pondering whether I want to DIY or hire a guide for the day and if I decide to do a guide I would need to know what time we can be picked up at the Hotel. Another question for those of you who have done this before: do the included "transfers" include from the hotel to the airport or just pier to hotel? Thanks a bunch.

-------------------

Helen

The transfers should be both pier to hotel and hotel to airport. We have not actually done this with Azamara [because we do not like their choice of hotels] but have considered it and have done it with Celebrity many times.

Sue

Yes! I am paying $225 pp for a room at King George Palace, including breakfast and "transfers" which apparently is ship -hotel-airport. I checked several times over the last few months in case I wanted to cancel but the price was never less than $390 per night with breakfast and more than once it was quite a bit more. Maybe I could have gotten a better price through Priceline but frankly I just dont want to do that blind bidding stuff. So for another $60 we get our transfers. My TA inquired about private car transfers and told me we would pay signifcantly more. I'm ok with this deal. I recently returned from an Oceania cruise and the cost for their pre cruise hotel in Amsterdam was 4x what I could book if for myself so I was quite mindful that generally the cruiseline is not the way to go but I guess there are always exceptions;)

------------------

Helen

I am shocked that Azamara, or any cruise line, actually offers a hotel price that is better than what one can book on one's own. Is the OP aware that cruise lines charge for hotels per person and not per room?

We find it all the time for hotels in the US with Celebrity. Anywhere the cruise line can book a large number of rooms it is very likely that they will be able to offer a really good price.

Sue

Hello all. We are on the Quest in April from Singapore to Dubai and have three nights booked in Singapore pre-cruise and got a great deal through my TA. Dubai is another story. We need a good hotel on the beach for 2 nights, but the prices here in the UK are through the roof. Reading this thread I would like to look at Azamaras choice in Dubai, but I cant find any info on their web site. Anyone help.

Thanks

David

Hello all. We are on the Quest in April from Singapore to Dubai and have three nights booked in Singapore pre-cruise and got a great deal through my TA. Dubai is another story. We need a good hotel on the beach for 2 nights, but the prices here in the UK are through the roof. Reading this thread I would like to look at Azamaras choice in Dubai, but I cant find any info on their web site. Anyone help.

Thanks

David

David

As Azamara only goes to Dubai twice a year, it is likely that hotels there will not be available until nearer the time. I know when we were on this cruise [when it was Singapore to Athens] most of the excursions and pre-/post-cruise hotels were quite late being organised. As this is [i think] only the first or second time they have had a cruise start/finish in Dubai, this is a similar situation. You can see when they are available by checking you reservation online. Just keep trying until they are available.

Sue

Thanks

David

Take a look at trip advisor they may have something.

Carol

Yes! I am paying $225 pp for a room at King George Palace, including breakfast and "transfers" which apparently is ship -hotel-airport. I checked several times over the last few months in case I wanted to cancel but the price was never less than $390 per night with breakfast and more than once it was quite a bit more. Maybe I could have gotten a better price through Priceline but frankly I just dont want to do that blind bidding stuff. So for another $60 we get our transfers. My TA inquired about private car transfers and told me we would pay signifcantly more. I'm ok with this deal. I recently returned from an Oceania cruise and the cost for their pre cruise hotel in Amsterdam was 4x what I could book if for myself so I was quite mindful that generally the cruiseline is not the way to go but I guess there are always exceptions;)

------------------

Helen

Great job on the hotel and transfers! Transfers are pricey in Europe. I have done my homework and Celebrity/RCCL (Azamara) has always had a reasonable price on hotels, transfers (and excursions) etc. vs HAL. I have never used them for hotels but I even remember a couple of years ago in Miami Celebrity was reasonable if one had a child as it was only an additional $35.00 for the 3rd or 4th at the hotel. It didn't work for us because with two teenagers, and one was someone's else child, we needed a two room suite or two rooms, but I note the price was reasonable.

Archived