New Document Wallet

Silver Spectre

My vote is to skip the box and contents in favor of e-mail for all returning guests. This would be a worthwhile cost savings. Wallet has been same material for several years, only the color has changed and I like the maroon over black. Either way, they get tossed. In fact, everything is tossed except for eight inches of paper that is the boarding pass and I have had no problems boarding without that little piece of paper. No luggage tags in box received last week. It's 2010....get with the program and toss the box and the expenses it entails. And yes, I do think it is a thrill for first time sailors to recieve the box and the Fedex shipping is a nice touch.

Clearly, something has to be done about the increasing and gratuitous use of irony by posters to these boards. Perhaps the moderators could apply a flag to suspected posts - maybe something like - "CAUTION! before pressing the 'submit reply' button, consider alternative interpretations of this post"

Trust someone from Scotland to spoil a little poorly disguised fun (oops, serious comment) I thought the only irony you blokes understood was IRONY BRU!

Trust someone from Scotland to spoil a little poorly disguised fun (oops, serious comment) I thought the only irony you blokes understood was IRONY BRU!

Scotspea, your previous posts have been reviewed and it is noted that you are a previous offender (as well as a closet jock). You'll be first against the wall when the counter-revolution comes.

I wonder if, on the Spirit, Lisbon to Barbados 23 Oct 2010 they might be able to rustle up some of these;

http://www.cocktailmaking.co.uk/displayingredient.php/2529-irn-bru

sloopjohnb

I wonder if, on the Spirit, Lisbon to Barbados 23 Oct 2010 they might be able to rustle up some of these;

http://www.cocktailmaking.co.uk/displayingredient.php/2529-irn-bru

sloopjohnb

There is no reason why not. The bar man may not know the ingredients to every single cocktail so if u particularly like something, bring the recipe and he will definitely make it for u. I've done that before:)

I note u mention the Spirit, Lisbon to Barbados. Do u want to join our roll call? It is here: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1083698

We are also having a get together in Lisbon on Friday 22 October at 7pm at the Lisbon Marriott. U r welcome at this also.

Cheers

Jennifer

I note u mention the Spirit, Lisbon to Barbados. Do u want to join our roll call? It is here: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1083698

We are also having a get together in Lisbon on Friday 22 October at 7pm at the Lisbon Marriott. U r welcome at this also.

Cheers

Jennifer

Jennifer, congratulations! I knew you would spot me. My lurking days are over. I will add my name and that of Mrs sloopjohnb to the roll call.

Before I do, I should explain that "Irn Bru" (sounds something like iron brew) is a popular Scottish carbonated drink, promoted locally as "Scotland's other national drink"

At the risk of being overcautious, and in case Silversea do, indeed, read these boards, I was continuing to be ironic when I mentioned Irn Bru cocktails. Please don't load a pallet of Irn Bru (unless you would do so anyway, for the ship's engineer). Some extra Becks wouldn't go amiss, however.

sloopjohnb

Back to the original topic, our travel agent told us that when the time comes, we will get the new maroon fake leather document wallet. We told them to send us the whole package, including the silver box and all. We want to compare the evolution from 2004 to 2007 to 2010 with our own samples!

• 2 weeks later...

We just received our Silver Box with the Maroon wallet and two luggage tags. I compared them to last year’s “black cloth no zipper” which I find this year’s an improvement over last year. I’m not planning on using them though, but I do have one question. Why do they just send two luggage tags? they did the same last year. :o

We just received our Silver Box with the Maroon wallet and two luggage tags. I compared them to last year’s “black cloth no zipper” which I find this year’s an improvement over last year. I’m not planning on using them though, but I do have one question. Why do they just send two luggage tags? they did the same last year. :o

My take on the two luggage tags is that those are for your carryons and the paper ones are for the checked luggage. (Of course our checked bags have other tags, too.)

Just back from the Whisper. The new room key card holders are larger than our last cruise (May 2008) and most definitely cheaper feeling. Probably vinyl compared to what I'm pretty sure is leather for the 2008 ones. Those ones I am still using daily. I've ditched a wallet and put my credit cards in one side and my license and insurance info in the other and started using a money clip for bills and a leather coin purse for coins because I find three small things easier to move from purse to pockets to computer bag than a big wallet.

The wallet we received is most definitely leather on the outside, but the inside is vinyl. The luggage tags appear to be leather, but the hangtag is vinyl.

First time for us on Silversea. Got the Silver Box yesterday and it was a nice presentation. Wallet is OK...we seldom use these anyway. Obviously identified the 2 luggage tags and the preprinted (nice touch) tags for IDing the bags when we board. Are the latter the "hangtag" mentioned in the quoted posted. There weren't any other tags in the box. Also thought it "quaint" that Silversea still provides a paper ticket which "will be collected on embarkation." Really? This is the only way they can figure out who we are and the fact that we've paid for the cruise? I'd better travel with this tucked inside my shirt to insure that this piece of paper worth many thousands of dollars is secure. [heavy-handed irony intended here]

My Maruzza Lefebvre D'Ovidio Foundation card has highlighting on it. Don't know if that was by SS or my TA.

Your TA must have done this. Even knowing what this was all about, I had to scan the fine print carefully to find the statement of the amount.

If you received your package via a TA, it was likely that the TA took away the silver cardboard box such that it could be couriered in a soft envelope instead of a box, thus saving the agency money. Every time (and for any cruise line for that matter), we specifically told TAs that we wanted the entire package!

It´s a question of ballance. High fares, luxury leather wallet, but they don´t fill the ships. If you are forced to put prices down, to get more passengers you must definitely reduce some "frills". Cost vs income. It´s that easy.

We just got our docs today for the November 6 sailing. While we have had a number of the leatherette ones, the last one was some sort of fabric, I think. This maroon thing is not as appealing to me as the black, but it certainly does not look like a downgrade from before.

We just got our docs today for the November 6 sailing. While we have had a number of the leatherette ones, the last one was some sort of fabric, I think. This maroon thing is not as appealing to me as the black, but it certainly does not look like a downgrade from before.

Thanks DebbieH103, and nice to see that this thread is back on topic.

Archived