Schengen Visa Question Italian Consulate New york

esquire20

Hi, I just recently found out that my non-Us citizen partner needs a Schengen visa for our 9-23-10 Barcelona to Venive Cruise on the Ruby. I called the Italian Counsalate a month ago, only to find out that they had a 45 day wait list for appointments which is required for this type of visa. I was able to make an appointment for 9-14_10 only 9 days before I am going to leave. Since my girlfriend is from the Dominican Republic, the Counsalate informed me that that country only requires 7 days for processing. I am still worried and concerned that I will not be able to make the trip that I planned for a year ago. Has anyone had this experience? All my documents are in order , I have reviewed them a thousand times. Can anyone give me some feed back with regard to the Italian counsalate. Thank You,

Hi, I just recently found out that my non-Us citizen partner needs a Schengen visa for our 9-23-10 Barcelona to Venive Cruise on the Ruby. I called the Italian Counsalate a month ago, only to find out that they had a 45 day wait list for appointments which is required for this type of visa. I was able to make an appointment for 9-14_10 only 9 days before I am going to leave. Since my girlfriend is from the Dominican Republic, the Counsalate informed me that that country only requires 7 days for processing. I am still worried and concerned that I will not be able to make the trip that I planned for a year ago. Has anyone had this experience? All my documents are in order , I have reviewed them a thousand times. Can anyone give me some feed back with regard to the Italian counsalate. Thank You,

Keep checking to ensure everything is perfect with your documents. Get there early. Do not do anything to annoy them there.

I had to get a Visa a few years ago, so things may have changed, but I met people on line that had come several days (I am not sure if they took appointments then) and were turned away for just one paper out of order.

Hopefully they are more organized now, but come with lots of patience and everything in order, and hopefully it will all go well. Good luck!!!

Archived