I've read it several times on here...

MamaParrotHead

Prices are generally lower at the peak of hurricane season, but not because of the hurricanes...it's because the kids are back in school, and there is lower demand for vacation. Sept.-Oct. is a low price season for airlines as well as hotels that are nowhere near a hurricane area.

Yesterday I got my first and only price cut for my next week cruise on the Triumph. A good number of cabins opened up. I do not know if it is because people cancelled because of all the storm activity or just the normal release of cabins from TA's. But it is all good, free money as far as I am concerned.

Yesterday I got my first and only price cut for my next week cruise on the Triumph. A good number of cabins opened up. I do not know if it is because people cancelled because of all the storm activity or just the normal release of cabins from TA's. But it is all good, free money as far as I am concerned.

If your cruise is next week, it isnt from TAs. They have to release unbooked cabins at final payment I believe.

I believe that people are afraid to cruise during hurricane season so demand is low. We are not afraid of changed itinerary so we will cruise during the season for great value.

Strangely enough for the cruise we have booked on the Liberty first week of October, inside cabins are now well over $ 200 more than we paid.

PVP is shaking his head over it as there is still a lot of cabins unsold.

I’m cruising next week on the Pride and some cabins have opened up, but there has not been any drop in prices. I usually cruise around the first week of December, and this will be my first time cruising during hurricane season. The price for this cruise is actually higher than what I’ve paid for my past December cruises but that’s probably partly due to the fact that it leaves out of Baltimore not Florida.

I believe that people are afraid to cruise during hurricane season so demand is low. We are not afraid of changed itinerary so we will cruise during the season for great value.

Strangely enough for the cruise we have booked on the Liberty first week of October, inside cabins are now well over $ 200 more than we paid.

PVP is shaking his head over it as there is still a lot of cabins unsold.

Golfadj: watch prices over the next few days. I found the largest price drops about 30 days prior to sail date.

Archived