Rum drink suggestions

alexella

Planter's Punch is one of my all-time favorites with plenty of fruit juices to soften the blow and quite refreshing at the same time. Somehow the Vitamin C in the citrus juices seems like it would be a good thing for my liver, LOL.

My other new favorite is a Strawberry Dacquiri made with Malibu (coconut) Rum and a squeeze of lime. Oh Mommie is this one delish IMHO!

WHATS THE BEST RUM DRINK TO START MY CRUISE WITH?:p
Hmmm..... I love mojitos, rum runners, Rum and diet coke, Malibu with pineapple and cranberry, mai tais, ok I guess anything with rum. yummy rummy :-)
Malibu Bay Breeze, Dark and Stormy (bermudian rum)

Dark and Stormys (ies?) are good.... My Lee loves them. Make sure they make it with Ginger Beer and not Ginger Ale--it matters....

My preferred cocktail to start, go through and finish my cruise is "Going Coconuts." It's Bacardi Coco rum, Pomegranate Liqueur, Vodka and Cranberry Juice. It's yummy, sweet and will take away your pain.... But hey, you're not driving....

Why not try them all?

And I thank yOu:

JWK: Meet me at Bar City....

Look it up online first, it's a super old-fashioned drink, pink, sweet and tangy, but it's so old-fashioned that most bartenders don't know how to make them.

When they're done right, they're fabulous! More urbane and sophisticated than most drinks with umbrellas on them.

Another choice is the caipirinha. Technically it should be made with cachaça a sugar cane distilled spirit, but many are made with rum. Very powerful and strong tasting, but different and delicious. A good drink to sip.

Actually, I just went online to get the recipe (got a hankering) and it turns out that what I like is technically a Santiago. This is the traditional Bacardi Cocktail:

"Recipes for Mixed Drinks" by Hugo Ensslin, (1917 edition)

Bacardi Cocktail

1 drink Bacardi Rum

Juice of 1/2 lime

2 dashes Gum Syrup

Shake well in a mixing glass with cracked ice, strain and serve.

Santiago

1 1/2 oz light rum

1/4 tsp grenadine syrup

juice of 1 limes

1/2 tsp powdered sugar

Rum taken strait from your rum runner flask is the best :). Nice and smooth and tastes even better knowing that you did not pay $10.00 for it.

I have no idea what rum you are ordering that costs $10. Oh, I forget, exaggeration is your middle name. :rolleyes:

Or is it that you just want to trash another thread by taking it off topic?

PE<---note to self, edit ignore file again...

So sad that NCL does not make Rum Runners any more. :(

PE

WHAT?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:eek:

I always had one right after lunch while milling around the deck. I guess I better read these suggestions closer!!:rolleyes:

I'm bummed!:( Luckliy I am going to KW where they make the best RR but I guess I'll have to wait until the cruise is almost over!

I have no idea what rum you are ordering that costs $10. Oh' date=' I forget, exaggeration is your middle name. :rolleyes:

Or is it that you just want to trash another thread by taking it off topic?

PE<---note to self, edit ignore file again...[/color']

LOL-ya made me laugh again

Can I change your name to 'Butter' 'cause you seem to be on a roll

Archived