Almond milk?

keetalyn

I sent an inquiry to RCI a couple weeks ago about this and never heard back. DS is 18 months and only drinks almond milk. I know the policy about bringing beverages on board, but from everything I've read they only provide soy or lactose free as milk alternatives. For a 7 night cruise we'd probably go through 4 32oz containers of almond milk. Any idea if they'd allow us to bring his milk with us?

I would bring it with you. I have NEVER had a problem bringing water or soda (12 pack) aboard. I carry it on and no one says anything to me. I was on the Serenade in January and the Mariner in May. It is alcoholic beverages that they are most concerned with passengers bringing on board.

If you are really concerned, can you get her doc to give you a note stating she only drinks almond milk? That way if you are questioned (I don't think they will even bat an eyelash) you have a note as to why you are bring it aboard.

Have a great cruise.

Please try to contact them again, and sorry you haven't heard back yet. I'm sure that must be frustrating. Having said that, I don't think there will be any problem bringing your almond milk onboard. Do you buy it in the tetra pak containers? They would fit nicely inside your suitcase.

Have a great cruise. :)

Being a mid-west guy never heard of almond milk. If this is a medical need you will have no problems with a doctor's note. RCL is starting to crack down on beverages according to my parents who were on a recent cruise and witnessed a scene with security about a beverage being brought on board.

happy sailing!

I would contact special needs again to make sure they have your information but you should be allowed to bring it onboard.

Usually almond milk is a medical need (someone who can't have regular milk or soy milk). No it's not a west coast thing. I drink it occasionally as an alternative to soy milk.

You must be from California..

HA! :p

Thanks for all the responses. I'll get more aggressive about tracking down an answer once our trip is booked.

And for anyone curious, almond milk is really good! I like it better than soy. Langley, I do buy the tetra containers. I was just thinking that at least they make for easy packing.

Since this doesn't appear to be a standard alternative milk product --

Suggest you contact the Special Needs Dept. Ask them if

they could purchase the special milk product for you. Let

them know the brand, quantity, etc. You would probably

have to pay for this special service. But it would certainly

be worth it, I would think to have it on board - and you

wouldn't need to transport it.

We use unsweetened almond milk for our protein shakes, oatmeal, smoothies, etc..

It's really good. We buy the half gallon containers next to the milk.

It sells out pretty quickly in our grocery stores. We live in Northeast, Pa. So, it's just not a California thing.

We use almond milk on cereal, in smoothies, in oatmeal and sometimes as a substitute for regular milk in recipes. Unsweetened vanilla is my favorite and the square containers fit nicely in the fridge. I don't know if you can get it on board but I wouldn't think it would be a problem to bring your own especially if they're sealed.

I sent an inquiry to RCI a couple weeks ago about this and never heard back. DS is 18 months and only drinks almond milk. I know the policy about bringing beverages on board, but from everything I've read they only provide soy or lactose free as milk alternatives.

I have never been able to get lactose free milk on board. DW has asked on every cruise. Soy, yes; LF, no.

We love almond milk. DW isn't lactose intolerant (I am), but she likes almond milk better than animal milk, soy milk or rice milk. Yummy stuff.

What is DS? Dear Sister?

Agree with the poster above to bring a doctor's note. If you are stopped by the "beverage police" I would think that a doctor's note would be sufficient to allow you to bring them on board.

Contacting Special Needs is another good idea, but make sure you get an email or fax from them agreeing that it is OK.

For anyone who is interested, I just got this email back from RCI:

"Regrettably, we do not stock almond milk onboard our ships. However, you

are welcome to bring a supply onboard for your son. We ask that the almond

milk is transported in it's original, unopened containers for ease of

identification by pier officials."

i don't know what a tetra container is but i hope you are able to find almond milk in single serve packs for your son b/c if you open up a pack and leave in your stateroom mini-fridge it will go sour very fast. those fridges don't cool enough to keep them fresh once opened.

Archived