Can I get refund of pre purchased OBC as will have to cancel cruise?

mollymoo12

I am due to sail on the new QE on the 8th November but it is now looking very likely that I am going to have to cancel the cruise ( and as I have already paid in full, claim on my insurance for the 45% of the full cost I am going to lose) due to my husbands newly diagnosed illness .

I have purchased $1000 OBC already, do you think I will be able to get this refunded by Cunard?

I don't want to contact Cunard just yet, not until I am sure that the cruise will definitely have to be cancelled.

Has anyone had their OBC refunded or will I get a credit note for a future cruise?

Regards

June

Early this year I cancelled a cruise. I did it through my TA. I rebooked immediately on the same cruise. Higher grade cabin at a lower cost. My purchased OBC was automatically refunded to my credit card when I cacelled. It could not be transferred to my replacement booking.

Since then there has been some changes to OBC. Cunard or your TA will be able to advise on a what if I had to cancel basis.

I cannot imagine that Cunard would keep your

money in your situation.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Thanks Barbara.

I was going to put a post on the roll call when I knew the cruise was definetely going to be cancelled.

Life is s**t sometimes but my main concern now is getting DH back to full health.

It is funny, but I thought earlier in the year, before we knew about the illness, that for some reason we were not going to go on this cruise, it is as if I wanted it too much.

I will be thinking of you all between the 8th and 25th of November.

When everything is okay again next year or early 2012, we will go on a big cruise - maybe visiting S.America and the Falkland Islands where my DH was posted during the Falklands War, he has always wanted to go back.

Archived