Wow Price Increase

doe326

So glad I booked my Nov. cruise when I did. Just checked the price today and it is $90 more than what I booked for. This includes one ES price reduction (would have liked a few more but got a great price to start with). Sometimes planning ahead works!;)

It just struck me as funny as how no one posts that the price went up and they called to pay more?:D

Now there is a phone call that no one wants!

We booked an ES rate for our Nov. cruise and paid $549 pp for our balcony room. The price for that room now is $1099! It has never gone lower than what we paid, sat at $849 for months. Awesome.

Good Job!

I have been checking mine also and they are going up and up. $209 pp on one in May and $100 on one in Jan. I to am glad I booked early. I am a little suprised with the economy being where it is.

I look at it this way. If I want to make $10,000 and I have 2000 passengers to pay for it, I have to charge each of them $5.00. But if I only have 1800 passengers to make the $10,000, I have to charge each of them $5.55. Just a matter of economics. Thus the price increase.

So glad I booked my Nov. cruise when I did. Just checked the price today and it is $90 more than what I booked for. This includes one ES price reduction (would have liked a few more but got a great price to start with). Sometimes planning ahead works!;)

happened like that with us too. I booked our Nov 6th cruise at the end of January @ $219pp went down to $209pp the next week so I got that $20 off the balance. then it went up, up, UP ... all the way to $419pp!!!!! holy hell! it's back down to "only" $309pp right now, but that's still $100pp more than I paid. here's hoping it'll go down and I'll see some OBC! I'll have fun watching for the next 64 days!!!!

We booked our balcony on a January 2011 Legend sailing last Tuesday, just a day before the Early Saver went away and a day before they started the 72 hour "SALE" - just dumb luck, we didn't time it like that intentionally. Within a day, it went up $20 pp. Looked today and the same category we bought last week is up $196 total for two! Wow - we timed it just right!

I also noticed that my November Inspiration cruise has gone up almost 200 bucks...which is quite a bit since this is only a 4-nighter.

Is this because the ship is nearing capacity? What drives a cruise to be so much higher the closer to the sail date?

Just curious...

Check daily. When it gets closer, the price will likely drop every now and then before sky rocketing again. Mine for September 11th on Liberty fluctuated a lot. But by catching those brief drops, I have managed to save $ 120.00 on our balcony from what we paid.

Good Luck!

Archived