Independence of the Seas: Windjammer Cafe / Jade

Col1874

I've read several posts about 'Jade Restaurant' and some seem to suggest that 'Jade Restaurant' isn't actually a restaurant, and is in fact just an extension to the windjammer cafe.

Could someone please clear this up once and for all?

Also, could someone give a high level overview of what different types of food there are at this part? I love asian food but would like to know what to expect. Is it a mixture of Chinese, Indian, Thai or what??

Thanks! :)

We have been on IOTS twice, and basicly it just one big self service restaurant. Many compare it to a motorway service station, but we found it the best self service we have ever been in.

There is an amazing choice of food, could not quote specific items, but we are sure you will not be disappointed. We will be eating there again in January!

Richard

Jade is just a counter in the WindJammer buffet area IIRC to the right as you enter. Serves Asian food (doh!) and in the evening has sushi laid out and some great miso soup.

There is only one ship where Jade is a separate restuarant with a la carte pricing - on one of the smaller ships like Monarch ! think.

I understand that its asian food, but could someone provide a few examples of the types of asian foods...

Like.. is there Chinese/Indian/Thai curry available or is it purely like snack type foods like spring rolls, satay sticks etc... ?

I understand that its asian food, but could someone provide a few examples of the types of asian foods...

Like.. is there Chinese/Indian/Thai curry available or is it purely like snack type foods like spring rolls, satay sticks etc... ?

It's all kinds of asian foods from main courses to spring rolls and veggies. They change it everyday just like the other buffet. Lynda

Archived