Labadee, Haiti

Fisical1

The last time we sailed to Labadee there was no excursions just the beach. Many, Many years ago. We are sailing the Oasis in December and I saw lots of different excursions available. Ones that interested me were the private beach and the sandbar. Has anyone done these and is it worth it?

Thank you so much

We were on the Freedom about a week ago and we "rented" one of the cabanas at the Bare Foot Beach Club. There are 20 of these cabanas ranging in price ($150-$250) depending on their location. If you are in a suite, you can reserve one once you are on the ship. We were not in a suite, so we just walked up to the club and asked if there any cabanas available. There was one left and we grabbed it. We paid $175, you can have up to 6 people and it included a private attendant, water mats and use of snorkel gear. It also included a much nicer lunch (ex. grilled steak and shrimp). I've attached a photo....

Cabana.JPG.13c1108c11d162f540be549d40462a29.JPG

The last time we sailed to Labadee there was no excursions just the beach. Many, Many years ago. We are sailing the Oasis in December and I saw lots of different excursions available. Ones that interested me were the private beach and the sandbar. Has anyone done these and is it worth it?

Thank you so much

Malfini Beach is probably what you saw. I did it once, it was pretty nice. They limit the numbers, so it's not too crowded. You can take a look at my Cruise Map of Labadee to see where the beach is. You take about a 10 minute boat ride to get there.

Zoom out a couple clicks and drag the map up a little, and you can see it to the south-southwest of the main area of Labadee.

Theron

I took the high speed RIB tour last month in Labadee. We ended up a small island about 5 miles or so from the ship. We stopped there for about 45 min. of snorkling.

There was A LOT to see;plenty of live coral, fish, etc. I even saw two schools of squid! There was also another boat there from Labadee for snorkling.

Aloha,

John

Thank you so much

If you are referring to Malfini Beach, ....

(private beach)

we did this in July 2010, and it was very nice.

I would certainly recommend it. :D

If when you are referring to the Sandbar excurison you're referring to the Rum Rendevous with Sandbar it is AMAZING! My wife and I just got back from the 8/22 sailing on Freedom. We did the Rum Rendevous excursion and could not have bad a better time. The captain of the Catamaran was Matteo and he and his crew were fantastic. They were soo accommodating and wanted to make sure that everyone enjoyed themselves. One guy in his crew even went in the water near the sandbar and caught the jellies in the water by hand so they didn't bother or sting anyone. I would highly recommend this to anyone going to Labadee. We also did the Zip Line and that was also fantastic!

Archived