Any Time Dining Question

buxfan

This will be our first time with ATD. Do they seat you only with the person(s) you are with, or do you have the option to sit with others that may show up when you do? I selected ATD more for the time flexibility rather than not having to sit "with strangers". I like meeting and talking with others at dinner (as long as I like them, LOL).

Please share your ATD experiences in this regard. Thanks.

The host/hostesses will ask whether or not you would like to be seated with other people. Even if you end up at a table by yourself, the tables are close enough that you feel like you are at the same table with other people.

If you like your waitstaff, you can request to be seated at their station the next evening.

If you get there about 1/2 hour after they start seating, you should still be able to get a table w/o waiting. Or if you go later (after 7:30) you should be okay. But within that 1/2 - 1 1/2 hour time frame, there might be a wait. If that happens, they give you a buzzer (like at any restaurant).

The host/hostesses will ask whether or not you would like to be seated with other people. Even if you end up at a table by yourself, the tables are close enough that you feel like you are at the same table with other people.

If you like your waitstaff, you can request to be seated at their station the next evening.

If you get there about 1/2 hour after they start seating, you should still be able to get a table w/o waiting. Or if you go later (after 7:30) you should be okay. But within that 1/2 - 1 1/2 hour time frame, there might be a wait. If that happens, they give you a buzzer (like at any restaurant).

Is this on all Carnival ships? We will be on the Sensation. How late can you be seated?

Is this on all Carnival ships? We will be on the Sensation. How late can you be seated?

I think it is on all ships.

According to goccl, you can be seated from 5:45 to 9:30. But I have never seen the MDR open that early. It opens at 6:00.

Here is the website for everything about food from goccl.

We are going to have ATD on our Dec cruise on the Fantasy.

We had late seating on our last cruise and it didn't work for us AT ALL.

I really like the idea of eating whenever we want - not having to rush or to wait around.

I just can't wait!

Archived