Best Mini-Suite on Golden to Hawaii

CALMOM

I am planning on booking a Hawaii 14 day RT from Los Angeles on the Golden. I am very excited to be sailing on her, after the extensive remodeling. I usually book a Balcony BA on the Caribe Deck but thinking about booking a mini-suite, if I can roll some more pennies :D.

Can you suggest a good location or cabin # for a Mini-Suite on the Golden? Does it matter if you are on the port or starboard side? I have heard one of the sides is great for pulling into ports.

Thanks for you help, DH and I are going to have our second honeymoon :D

Glad you decided on the Golden... Sorry, cant help with the cabin... Just have an OV

Yes, I think the Golden will be perfect. Please make sure your post a review when you get back, I can't wait to hear all about it. We usually get a balcony but I'm going to see if we can swing a mini-suite, since we have 14 days on the ship. WE used to always have an OV until our Caribbean cruise and we booked our first balcony. Now I am spoiled and just love the balconies. Of course, I could probably cruise more often if I wasn't so picky. I bet you are getting so excited, I sure would be.

The minis on the Emerald deck are great. We had one (E721, I think) for our March 2010 cruise to Hawaii, and like the fact thay they are covered, and are aftward.

Unfortunately there are only a few of them, so if there are any still available, you have to grab one quickly.

I don't think it really matters whether you are on port or starboard for this cruise. We happen to choose starboard when we book cruises.

E729 first. Extended, covered balcony right at back of ship on starboard side.

Then E728 on port side. Some have reported in this cabin you might be able to hear the bass from the bandstand below. Others never hear it.

Here is a photo of the location of E728.

golden-mini.jpg

E729 is on the starboard side. We have E729 booked for our next Hawaii cruise in February of 2012 but may cancel that and go on the Oosterdam with some friends instead. If so, then E729 will be available for the February 29, 2012 cruise.

If we cancel, we could get our TA's to work together and have you grab the cabin when we cancel it. Of course, that depends on if you were interested in sailing on that particular cruise.

Aloha!

E729 first. Extended, covered balcony right at back of ship on starboard side.

Then E728 on port side. Some have reported in this cabin you might be able to hear the bass from the bandstand below. Others never hear it.

Here is a photo of the location of E728.

golden-mini.jpg

E729 is on the starboard side. We have E729 booked for our next Hawaii cruise in February of 2012 but may cancel that and go on the Oosterdam with some friends instead. If so, then E729 will be available for the February 29, 2012 cruise.

If we cancel, we could get our TA's to work together and have you grab the cabin when we cancel it. Of course, that depends on if you were interested in sailing on that particular cruise.

Aloha!

Thank you so much for the picture, I am a visual person. We are planning for March but thank you so much for the offer.

We usually book mid-ship, do you find the Aft is pretty smooth, as well? I know the Hawaii cruise can be a little rough.

Thank you again, very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for the picture, I am a visual person. We are planning for March but thank you so much for the offer.

We usually book mid-ship, do you find the Aft is pretty smooth, as well? I know the Hawaii cruise can be a little rough.

Thank you again, very much appreciated.

We are aft whores ;) and love the aft. Movement doesn't bother us at all and really don't find it much different than anywhere else on the ship. I'm sure others will disagree.

The cruise we have booked starts on February 29 and cruises the first two weeks of March.

Great time for the whales, especially in Maui.

We are aft whores ;) and love the aft. Movement doesn't bother us at all and really don't find it much different than anywhere else on the ship. I'm sure others will disagree.

The cruise we have booked starts on February 29 and cruises the first two weeks of March.

Great time for the whales, especially in Maui.

We are planning 3/16/11 because I have a 3 day cruise for 3/11/11 - 3/14/11, so I had to plan after 3/14. I will return on 3/14, drive home, only about a little over an hour, re pack and drive back the next day. I'll need those 4 days at sea,LOL.

We have a family member that may want to join us. Do you know if 728 or 729, or actually any of the mini's on the Emerald deck are triple or quads?

Thank you.

I am planning on booking a Hawaii 14 day RT from Los Angeles on the Golden. I am very excited to be sailing on her, after the extensive remodeling. I usually book a Balcony BA on the Caribe Deck but thinking about booking a mini-suite, if I can roll some more pennies :D.

Can you suggest a good location or cabin # for a Mini-Suite on the Golden? Does it matter if you are on the port or starboard side? I have heard one of the sides is great for pulling into ports.

We went to Hawaii last year and when we came home booked another cruise back to Hawaii,,we loved it so much. The Golden is now my favorite ship,,,,I would definitely book the mini because you will have more room . It does not matter which side of the ship you will be on. We are always mid ship and last year the seas were ok,,except for when we had to change direction (go north) for an emergency rescue at sea and it was a bit rough. Other then that it was a beautiful trip and loved the sea days!!

We are planning 3/16/11 because I have a 3 day cruise for 3/11/11 - 3/14/11, so I had to plan after 3/14. I will return on 3/14, drive home, only about a little over an hour, re pack and drive back the next day. I'll need those 4 days at sea,LOL.

We have a family member that may want to join us. Do you know if 728 or 729, or actually any of the mini's on the Emerald deck are triple or quads?

Thank you.

According to the website, all of the emerald deck minis will accommodate 3rd and fourth person. Probably pretty crowded when 4th bunk is down. 3rd person would sleep in the fold out love seat, I believe.

Our cruise is for 2012, not 2011 so we are talking apples and oranges about that.

We went to Hawaii last year and when we came home booked another cruise back to Hawaii,,we loved it so much. The Golden is now my favorite ship,,,,I would definitely book the mini because you will have more room . It does not matter which side of the ship you will be on. We are always mid ship and last year the seas were ok,,except for when we had to change direction (go north) for an emergency rescue at sea and it was a bit rough. Other then that it was a beautiful trip and loved the sea days!!

Wow, was the rescue successful? I'm sure in addition to changing direction, they were going pretty fast too, which would add to the roughness, also. Thank you for your help.

According to the website, all of the emerald deck minis will accommodate 3rd and fourth person. Probably pretty crowded when 4th bunk is down. 3rd person would sleep in the fold out love seat, I believe.

Our cruise is for 2012, not 2011 so we are talking apples and oranges about that.

Oh O.K., well that might be great, then. DH needs to make sure he can take 2 weeks in 2011 or we were going to have to book for 2012. I will know by next Wed, so could you hold off canceling till then, if you are going to cancel. You must have some special friends for you to be moving from Princess to Hal. Why doesn't your friends just book with Princess? Of course, I haven't sailed with HAL but I love Princess.

Thanks again for your help.

Oh O.K., well that might be great, then. DH needs to make sure he can take 2 weeks in 2011 or we were going to have to book for 2012. I will know by next Wed, so could you hold off canceling till then, if you are going to cancel. You must have some special friends for you to be moving from Princess to Hal. Why doesn't your friends just book with Princess? Of course, I haven't sailed with HAL but I love Princess.

Thanks again for your help.

They love HAL and we love the Vista Class ships of HAL and the Oosterdam is making 14 day Hawaii runs now. We won't make that decision until we return from our Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise that ends in the beginning of October, so there is time yet before we make the final decision.

They love HAL and we love the Vista Class ships of HAL and the Oosterdam is making 14 day Hawaii runs now. We won't make that decision until we return from our Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise that ends in the beginning of October, so there is time yet before we make the final decision.

O.K. I will definitely know by then, thanks.

So your pretty happy with HAL, then? What are the differences that you notice between HAL and Princess?

Do you think we could do like a 30 day cruise, so you can teach me how to do the GEOMONKEY website stuff? LOL

O.K. I will definitely know by then, thanks.

So your pretty happy with HAL, then? What are the differences that you notice between HAL and Princess?

Do you think we could do like a 30 day cruise, so you can teach me how to do the GEOMONKEY website stuff? LOL

We like HAL and Princess. Each have their advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other. The differences are really minimal overall.

If you pay our way for 30 days we'll be happy to teach you about blogging and other website stuff.:D

we like hal and princess. Each have their advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other. The differences are really minimal overall.

If you pay our way for 30 days we'll be happy to teach you about blogging and other website stuff.:d

deal! :d

Hi Calmom,

We were in E728, the one pictured from the exterior earlier in this thread. We loved it. Not only because of the extended balcony and aft location, but because the balcony is covered. There are miriad opportunities to find sun on a ship; fewer to be outdoors in the shade. It also seems to keep the cabin cooler!

We've never have had any problems with rough seas toward the aft. It is also much quieter as there is little traffic in the hall 'cuz it is a dead end.

Marlee

We have had both Emerald Deck and Dolphin Deck Mini's on the Golden and prefer Emerald Deck because of the more private and fully covered balconies. We had E729. We really liked this stateroom because of the extended balcony. Enjoy your cruise.:)

I also had E728, and have it again in 2012.

I would have preferred E729 for next time, but someone (on my roll call:eek:) had already snagged it!!

It was a great cabin, though the balcony was a little too windy on a few of the days.

As for noise, we could hear the Vista Lounge on several occasions. In the late afternoon, they would do a rehearsal for that evening's show. It only lasted maybe an hour, tops. And it wasn't every night either.

The only time it did get a little bothersome was the night before we got to Honolulu. We had a 7 AM excursion, and the show went on until well after 11 PM.

That said, I loved the cabin all in all.

Archived